Tank Journal Archive

A Barnes

Jan 29, 2016
1 Month Wet? Things Looking Great!
Small update:

Things are going really well, tank has been wet for a month or so now, and everything is looking amazing. SPS are actually looking better and coloring up nicely (still a long way to go but hey, better is better). Fish have all settled in and loving the extra space, all params are stable, Phos next to zero, nitrate around 5ppm and stable so I'm not displeased with this, and I'm really enjoying the build. I've also added my first new member to the tank, the main want with this upgrade, a nice small Lion. I was chasing a Radiata Lionfish, but an awesome tiny little Antenata just happened to arrive last Thursday at my LFS and i couldn't help myself. He's found himself a home under a ledge facing the front of the tank, which i couldn't be happier with, however I'm still not sure if / how much he is eating. I'm trying to target feed frozen at least once a day, and he has eaten some, but not not much. So i'll be keeping an eye on him, and looking to try and feed smaller amounts at different times of the day / night to see if it helps.

But hey, things are going really well, black background is done just need to organize some time to get it installed, corals are all healthy, and I couldn't be happier with how things are going, everything is a lot more stable than i expected so early. Next up, Mimic Lemon Peel Tang and a nice Yellow Tang (to try and keep the mimic yellow :rofl ) Anyways, so photo's from today :) :

ai.imgur.com_F6wT5iM.jpg

ai.imgur.com_1OX6zdK.jpg

ai.imgur.com_42i0kSe.jpg

ai.imgur.com_CMoxx23.jpg

ai.imgur.com_SXZZ9Fo.jpg

Wazza22

Oct 3, 2015
Perth
Nice looking setup, love the look of that Kole.
Got me one on order for when my current QT stock goes into DT in the new year, also have a Yellow and Mimic tang on order
Also see you got the Gyre's, is that the one on the new controller? (1 controller for 2 pumps?
I got the original XF 150 and am planning on getting the single 250 that has the dual controller to i can tag team them
Good to hear it's all going well

A Barnes

Jan 29, 2016
Nice looking setup, love the look of that Kole.
Got me one on order for when my current QT stock goes into DT in the new year, also have a Yellow and Mimic tang on order
Also see you got the Gyre's, is that the one on the new controller? (1 controller for 2 pumps?
I got the original XF 150 and am planning on getting the single 250 that has the dual controller to i can tag team them
Good to hear it's all going well
Yep, using the new XF250's with the single controller, really nice pumps and the new controller is fantastic.