Tank Journal Archive

ryan1986

Sep 6, 2014
10/4/2018
So I got 2 x small fairy wrasse today after chatting to a good aquarium. He also said as I want an anemone to get clowns later on as they can be territorial with anemone.

They tested water
Ammonia 0ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Nitrate 10ppm
Ph 8
Kh 8dkh
Salt 1.025

He gave me a torch coral as I've bought so much stuff there already.

Attachments

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Since you added fish against the recommendation from a couple of us make sure you keep a close eye on Ammonia and Nitrite.
You don't need an Anemone with the clowns, they will do fine without it but please wait another month or two before you add anymore fish.

ryan1986

Sep 6, 2014
Ill
Since you added fish against the recommendation from a couple of us make sure you keep a close eye on Ammonia and Nitrite.
You don't need an Anemone with the clowns, they will do fine without it but please wait another month or two before you add anymore fish.
I'll defintly be waiting a good 6 months before I get an anenome.

I promise I'll keep checking peramitors daily/ second day.

ryan1986

Sep 6, 2014
A
And yes ill be waiting minimum a month till I add any other fish.

Next thing ill add will be some clean up crew once I start getting some algae but would only be a snail or two.

I'll leave tank for a week or so then I may get some coral like gsp. Zenia. Zoa.

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Why is everyone in such a rush to add fish!!!!

As far as adding corals go, you can add as many softies that can handle your parameters as you like in one hit, providing there is no die off on them, just dont go adding coral food or anything like that.

Corals are, for the most part, consumers of bioload, not contributors to it.

The best thing you can do early on is adding a forest of xenia, GSP, zoas and leathers.

Just make sure to run GAC and change it regularly.

If funds are limited CUC is your next point of call before things start turning into an algae ball, in a tank that size you can have hundreds of turbos a stromb and 50+ ceriths without blinking an eye, don't limit it to 2 snails, that is like pissing in the ocean.

You inevitably never buy all those upfront but if you can at least purchase enough to have a good chance at a breeding population like 6 ceriths and 10 turbos, to begin with, they will breed up to your tanks capacity.