Tank Journal Archive

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
11 Months Since Starting Zeo
As a zeovit user for 11 months now, and having employed other methods for example, vodka dosing and gfo, i thought id share my piece.

At first i thought zeo was very expensive.
If you actually divide the cost by your dosage you realise its a very cheap system for tanks 400l and under.
I purchased 50ml ZeoBAK 11 months ago and i just finished last week $75 a year.
250ml zeostart also $50 for 400 day supply.
stones $20 every 8 weeks.

You don't have to adopt the whole program of additives. The basic 3 products are the core program of the brand and thats what gives you good water that corals respond well to.

Before zeovit:

I had always thought of zeovit as a dangerous thing, kinda like dancing on a knifes edge. I have been surprised that i find it safe and easy to follow with no hiccups.

The main thing is to get the flow through the reactor at the correct speed, too high to see base bleaching, This happened once but turned it down it stopped, i didn't lose anything.
The other is keeping kh between 6-8, not too hard.

I had undetectable nitrate and stable phos of 0.03 with tlf reactor and rowa.
When i changed to zeo something changed for the better.
11 months on the test kits read the same results but a huge change has occurred.
Corals are so much colourful and healthy and growth is amazing.

Negatives,

We all know corals hate change and zeo was one that not all corals adopted well. To my memory
Xenia and birds nest are the only ones i can think of but the right off was worth it.

Hope you guys enjoy the pics.

IMG_0020.JPG
IMG_0011.JPG
IMG_0027.JPG
IMG_0018.JPG
IMG_0026.JPG
IMG_0017.JPG
IMG_0021.JPG

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Amazing update there Lance...glad to see you removed the training wheels (building blocks) lol.

Do you still manually dose your calc alk and mg?

How much start do you dose daily?

I've been using Zeo start bak and sponge power in my gfs tank and things have been amazing, I'm also running bio pellets with it although one day if they release a good small zeo reactor I may change over, my only problems with my method that I see is nitrates sit around 10ppm but phos is undetectable.

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
Amazing update there Lance...glad to see you removed the training wheels (building blocks) lol.

Do you still manually dose your calc alk and mg?

How much start do you dose daily?

I've been using Zeo start bak and sponge power in my gfs tank and things have been amazing, I'm also running bio pellets with it although one day if they release a good small zeo reactor I may change over, my only problems with my method that I see is nitrates sit around 10ppm but phos is undetectable.
Thanks Leo,

Yeah i still manually dose calc, alk, mag
I use the red sea powders (separate not ABC)
Dosing is
calc 1teaspoon daily
mag 3/4teaspoon daily
alk 1/2 teaspoon daily
The red sea powders are strong and last me a long time.

There is a good size reactor for your gf tank.
fishstreet reactor. :)

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Hmm I'm sure sewatec will have a good price on it, especially when released. Also with the rapid coral growth you'll be able to sell frags to make up the expense haha

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
I'm gonna vote for for you to do a video series of how you maintain your tank and feed your fish and those sorts of everyday things lol

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
It's all photoshop ....
I take it back, well done in maintaining those colours, it takes a good eye and controlled hand to dose Zeovit. Your tank is looking outstanding!

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
What Zeo products are you using? Names darling, names.
haha,
aahc 4 drops twice a week
sponge power every second day
cv 3 times a week
biomate 4 drops 3 times a week.

I was using live home growth phyto which out of all the zeo additives, it gave best results.
I think i will grow another culture and use it over the others when the others run out.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
haha,
aahc 4 drops twice a week
sponge power every second day
cv 3 times a week
biomate 4 drops 3 times a week.

I was using live home growth phyto which out of all the zeo additives, it gave best results.
I think i will grow another culture and use it over the others when the others run out.
It's working great for you!
Did you get K balance and B balance ???

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
It's working great for you!
Did you get K balance and B balance ???
k balance is weak, tried bright well potassium-p doesn't dissolve even with boiling water #anotherbrightwellproductthatitisshit lol
so I'm going to get the contiumm potassium powder as it does dissolve. Marcust uses it.

i also found keeping potassium between 390-400 will give great colours.