Tank Journal Archive

zerosix

May 30, 2013
12-09-13 Update!
Hey all,
Here is a shot of the tank with front cleaned (i know, i need to do the side! :P)
Few days ago I added in the small Toxic Green Torch.

What does everyone think of my first marine attempt
20130912_212106.jpg
so far? Also, what would be the next thing I should put in, I was thinking of getting a Redline Shrimp and a Bangai Cardinal soon.

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
Thanks @holly, any suggestions on what i should add in next?
That greatly depends on what else you eventually want in there (and budget, effort you can put into feeding/care, quality of lighting/water/flow etc). Fish wise you might have problems with aggression from the clowns as they are the first in there and it's a small tank.

That said - looks like you've gone for softies so far - would you be wanting to continue with that path?

zerosix

May 30, 2013
I do like the softies, I would like to get a Pulsing Xena at some point. As I am still rather new to the marine scene I don't know a lot of beginner friendly corals. I would love to add in a redline shrimp soon too

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
Just read up on any new addition - just to make sure they fit with what you currently have. Some things eat corals, some things attack other fish, some things require a minimum amount of space. You could try zoas, morphs/ricordias, trachyphilia, dun cans (lps but they're hardy), and there are umpteen types/colours of hammers/torches/frogspawn. plenty of choice. Just be careful to find out which ones get along (which corals they don't sting). so you can make good placement choices. Also find out how large they will grow.

zerosix

May 30, 2013
I really do like zoas, i might add some in the next month or so. I though the coral in the bottom left of the tank is a trachyphilia.. Or is it something else?

holly

Jul 10, 2013
Melbourne
I really do like zoas, i might add some in the next month or so. I though the coral in the bottom left of the tank is a trachyphilia.. Or is it something else?
yep it is :) there are plenty more colours and delightful shapes to be had though :D