Tank Journal Archive

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
To scared about getting sand in it and scratching the sh!te out if the glass! I do split it into two doses but yeah the skimmer I guess isn't getting it all. Ill persevere I guess till I start the zeo. Cheers

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
looking great, Looks like the SPS are enjoying the tank also.
Cheers Josh :) The monti's aren't the rest is! I threw out my reverse superman yesterday :( I thiught it might have been the lanth and the drop in phos over the last month but my alk dropped a month ago I guess so that may have caused it to. I guess a newbie error. The dosing pump sitting in my cupboard needs to be hooked up I think!

Rob

Apr 26, 2012
Looking good, whats your current plan for the tank ? Mixed, SPS, LPS, or softy dominated. I have some softy / LPS I could frag for you

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Pete I moved it myself :) Long story with the fish lol

Thanks Leo :)

Rob I will probably continue with Zoas but mainly sps from here on in I have no damn real estate left.

Rob

Apr 26, 2012
I'm a zoa convert over the last year and I too am looking at creating a zoa garden in part of my tank.

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Yeah Rob pity we don't have access to some of the ones they have in the states!

Michael it turns a more vivid gold I think.

Spike its a s.gigantea anemone

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Not much has changed in the tank and continuing with my year of the upgrade theme lol I have my illumagic up for grabs in the classifieds if anyone is in the market. I cant fault the light it runs well and everything is thriving. Im going to dive into more sps and have decided to go to T5's thats the only reason if I was going to stick with my original plan of minimal sps then this light would be my choice. One light can do an entire 4 foot no worries.

illumagic 009.jpg

illumagic 002.jpg

Joshwaaaa

Jul 22, 2011
Looking good @Sarg, will be good to see it with T5's overhead. I will be going down the same path soon, little bit afraid that I will miss the shimmer though

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Josh yeah I do like the shimmer, it's looks more natural. Until I sell this light I will enjoy the shimmer while it lasts!

Thanks for that prissy and yeah I ditched the eleccy heaters for a bit of volcano heat :)

Leo I wish! They are double the price :( I would like to but I have other upgrades where the money will be better spent ;)

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
how about waiting a little longer :P if it were me and i had other upgrades to do i would do them first, as you said its only for when you go SPS and you want to, think about the joy of having the light you want as apposed to settling for something hehe but it is your decision, and hey if you wait off and spend the money you'd make it back in frags :)

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
The light is the least important of my upgrades atm. Its a good quality light and is keeping what sps I have glowing and growing and the lps are happy as larry! If I sell the light tomorrow i'll get the powermodule though if I sell it in 2 months, as im in no rush, then that may be another story ;)