Tank Journal Archive

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Haha slr it's getting there lots of pretty rock everything else is hangin in there. I'm sure yours will be great! I did take a pic like you asked on qldaf but haven't got it off the camera yet!

Chim I should be home all weekend. I'll dose a small amount just to stop it getting higher. One thing I thought of is I was away for 3 nights so maybe a bit of excess feeding going on but I recon its to bigger jump for that.

Don't have any info Leo just going by others suggestions. I think the main thing is keeping out if the water column.

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Hmmm my final edit before lock down I recon then from now on all will be in the new TJ format probably updated @Rob style :p

Just realised my tank turned 1 last week yay lots ups and downs but hey im still a newbie its all good!

I have rescaped again lol Im pretty happy with it actually. Tank will soon be a sps/zoa tank and the odd nice lps. I'll attempt to maintain a balance that will keep all parties happy we shall see how that goes o_0

Still sorting out the zoas hence the big clump on the left. I have way to many over 30 types atm so I need to sort out who stays though there are still more to buy lol

newest scape and corals 003.jpg

Side on shot of the nem sitting pretty.

newest scape and corals 034.jpg

newest scape and corals 012.jpg

Got these annoying bubbles atm popping up everywhere now the tank is running different lights. Does anyone know if they will clear up once the nutrients are back under control?

newest scape and corals 025 (Large).jpg

Last edited:

vpreef

Jul 28, 2011
Looks like the start of dinoflagellates. i got the same thing when i removed my LEDS and put on Halides. Still there 6 months later :mad:

Hopefully its not but it looks like it to me.:confused:

Albino

Feb 23, 2013
Looking good mate. That nem is loving life in there, it's looks a fair bit bigger. If you ever want to unload those zoas you know where I am ;)

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Looks like the start of dinoflagellates. i got the same thing when i removed my LEDS and put on Halides. Still there 6 months later :mad:

Hopefully its not but it looks like it to me.:confused:
Dino's are more snotty looking aren't they, this crap looks more cyno'ish? The sh!t breeds in my sump. I've nearly cleaned out all the old MM I left a bit in for my mantis but I'm gonna get the rest out and all the macro too and see what happens with no light. I have so much life in the sump that will be the worst part.

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Looking good mate. That nem is loving life in there, it's looks a fair bit bigger. If you ever want to unload those zoas you know where I am ;)
Now that he's in the middle he can pancake out. He used to be much bigger before the haircut but when he was on the side he had to stretch for the light.

As for zoas you know where I live... and work ;)

vpreef

Jul 28, 2011
Small bubbles is a sign of Dino. I would not remove your macro or disturb the sump, this would make it worse imo.

Dino can vary, sometimes it can be alot thicker and snotty like but it looks like your is not too bad.Try blacking out the tank for 36-72 hours that will help alot.