Tank Journal Archive

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
14 Days Post Spawn (4/5/14) - Smooth Sailing
I got up this morning and the eggs were tumbling nicely so no urgent trips to the shed required today.

My male has decided to start eating again. I'm not sure what happened yesterday - maybe he still thought he was holding the eggs - maybe he was just pretending because he was too scared to tell the female that he had lost the eggs - maybe he wasn't sure what had happened the night before and thought it might have been just a nightmare :rolleyes

I have also been slowly increasing the temperature from around 25 to around 27 - hoping to get it up to 28.

Anyway, the eggs still seem to be developing nicely...

You can see the body starting to develop on the top of each yolk
Banggai-Eggs-5.jpg

There is also some development of the circulatory system
Banggai-Eggs-4.jpg

I will be posting up a very special video later tonight - don't forget to come back and have a look :)

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Whilst I was taking some of the macro shots today I noticed quite a lot of movement in the eggs. So, I took a short video with my USB microscope

Lots of moment in the eye's (even though they don't appear to be attached to anything :confused:) and, the heart is now clearly visible.

Enjoy.

LEG-IT

Feb 12, 2012
Bossley Park
@leodb89 i told you id drop them off 4months ago and even recently but nah "later when my tank is setup" "nah not now"

I'll drop em off when i drop off RO, then we'll fight 1 on 1.
They'll breed, hold eggs for few days then swallow lmao