Tank Journal Archive

Matt_95

Dec 16, 2013
18/12
I got the tank wet on December 14th, the chiller is maintaining the tank at 26 degrees and so far, all of the hitch hikers seem to be doing well. I had two crabs come in with the rock and they were removed and fed to my Malawi cichlids. At the moment the tank is loosing sound a liter a day to evaporation so I may need to put a lid on it.
When the cycle is complete, I would like to stock the tank as a mixed reef. Fish wise, I am not sure if I want to go with a yellow clown goby or a pair of endlers.

I can't seem to e able o post a link to my pictures or upload a file from my phone. As soon as I figure that out, I'll post them up.

Bdear22

Feb 11, 2013
Newcastle
:welcome

Sounding good, just letting you know coral gobies can nip at corals if you want mixed. Also you need 10 posts or something before you can post pics.

Htu08

Nov 4, 2013
Man 1L a day in a 17L is a lot! :(
Perhaps there is some other export of salt water, If possible, keep a close eye on salinity.

Matt_95

Dec 16, 2013
Thanks, I was aware of that, but I honestly didn't consider it. Do they nip at Montipora? I might have to avoid SPS if I go with one.

I just checked the jug and it's 0.5L not 1L. I believe it is due to the fan in the room.

Bdear22

Feb 11, 2013
Newcastle
They can nip at anything, montipora I think would be ok. I have one that nips at lps in my tank and my blue tang is copying it :banghead But like anything it's nature and all depends on the fish.