Tank Journal Archive

dimitri

Aug 15, 2015
2 Quick Question
Anyone using Ecotech M1 or L1 pump submerged found it to heat up the water temp considerably? up to 5 degree?

Can anyone recommend if plumbers silicon tape will leach into the water if used to plug up a hole in a pipe.

Thanks in advance

dimitri

Aug 15, 2015
yeah but it doesn't go through a chemical reaction once it gets 'wet' like this does.

not really keen to poison the tank is all

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
yeah but it doesn't go through a chemical reaction once it gets 'wet' like this does.

not really keen to poison the tank is all
Well then don't use silicone that is suspect to go through a chemical reaction like the said product, maybe use acetic cure silicone like tank builders use or Teflon tape like plumbers use.

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
I'm more concerned about that heat increase. Sounds like there is something wrong with the pump for it to be generating that much heat?

dimitri

Aug 15, 2015
I have not installed mine yet after i did some reading online & this issue came up.

just wanting to know if anyone else has experienced it.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
If it's heating the water more than 1-2 degrees, there's an issue with the pump. I run dual DC6000s on one of the coral runs and it might bring it up a degree.

As for the patch, I'd be very leery of something like that with a chemical reaction in my tank.