Tank Journal Archive

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
2017 Upgrade
Made a big change and stepped up to the new Radion Gen 4 Pro's. Never thought I would part with the Ethereals, loved them, they were a slick looking light and I was getting good SPS growth but I kept on thinking back to the DIY unit I had over the Cade and how much the Cree UV and Purples made everything really pop. The new Radions have those leds now.
With the new lights the corals really look great, there are colours there now I never knew I had!!!
The overall look of the tank has certainly improved, the whites are so much cleaner and brighter. Only running everything at 50% for a while.
Did a complete hardwear clean to start the year off right, wave pumps, skimmer pump and return pump. It was good to see there wasn't any sign of rust in any of the units. Everything had to be dialled back a notch or two after the clean. It's surprising how the pumps slow down gradually with buildup.
Anyway, I'm happy with everything now except I may have to move the Sailfin Tang onto a larger tank. He's a real pig and has grown way bigger than the others - boss of the tank.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
I need to post a few pics of mine and M's over there. They'll have a thermonuclear meltdown, lol. I have Purples in a 60 and a 50 cube and a Sailfin in my 93. When they get a few cm longer, they'll go to a bigger tank. i know what to look for. I'd never put a Powder Blue in a small tank for more than a week, they get "cage crazy" for lack of a better term.

Oh yea, when I come down there, I'm taking your Elegance home with me, Lesley's too. :p :D

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
When I put the 4 tangs in they were all the same size, quite small. The sailfin just grew so much faster than the other 3. They all get along just fine and are quite relaxed. But I will be moving the sailfin on to a friend's bigger tank very soon.

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
I need to post a few pics of mine and M's over there. They'll have a thermonuclear meltdown, lol. I have Purples in a 60 and a 50 cube and a Sailfin in my 93. When they get a few cm longer, they'll go to a bigger tank. i know what to look for. I'd never put a Powder Blue in a small tank for more than a week, they get "cage crazy" for lack of a better term.

Oh yea, when I come down there, I'm taking your Elegance home with me, Lesley's too. :p :D
I told you before, if you come down here you can have it mate.