Tank Journal Archive

dimitri

Aug 15, 2015
21 Days In
Nothing major to report, all very boring really.

Everything seems to be doing fine

All levels are zero

bought the attached candy coral last week Saturday and today he has split into two... I suppose that is a good sign the environment is 'healthy'

The picture with the banana wrasse is from Wednesday i think, i moved them under the cove for a bit of shelter from the light after reading more info on them, you can see the split occurring and then today the close up it is nearly closed over.

thumbs up all round

Couple of small Goni's went in too they did extend fully yesterday but today I moved them to the corner and they haven't opened up just yet.

I think the next fish additions will be a flame hawk, lawnmower blenny and maybe a yellow tail cleaner wrasse (if he won't fight with the banana) and thats about it for a very long time/at all.

And no corals for a while, need to plan what sections are going to be put aside for what corals and see how the current ones grow.

Attachments

dimitri

Aug 15, 2015
The Sailfin Tang eats like a pig and grazes all day on the algae.

He's no longer shy, he normally eyeballs me when I am up close to the tank, cleaning the skimmer or doing a water change.

I think at this rate I have 1yr to get him into a new larger tank, which I am going to set up in my office.

On another note, is there anyone on here using the eco smart/radion lighting system - are you using the preset sched or making your own one up?