Tank Journal Archive

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
I ordered a Jebao DC-6000 for this tank. the Supreme that's on this I think is ENTIRELY too damn big. It went from a constant toilet flush to a gurgling hell!!! I'll shoot some pics tomorrow, now the skimmer wants to act up so I'm trying to sort that out. CALGON TAKE ME AWAY!!!!

Oh yea, forgot about the friggin snow tomorrow. Have to drive 400km to see a customer in the am, hoping I can get back home before the shit hits the fan.

Boxermom

Nov 10, 2014
It's so nice to be organized, lol.

So far, everything seems to be doing well, aside from King Kong the emerald crab doing a little bit of reef-scaping. He really needs to leave my frags where the hell I put them, the little bugger!

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
It's always an adventure with us isn't it? :D Turns out the skimmer cup fell off the desk and went underneath. Only in our house would you find skimmer cups on a desk, aquariums set up in the kitchen and live rock cooking out in the basement and miscellaneous car parts mixed in there as well, lol.

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Good to hear the tank is doing so well :) Really love the aquascape too! Same size and my tank so I'm definitely going to be tagging along!! :)
So Rob.. how about those pics with the corals you promised a week ago..?? :rolleyes

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Good to hear the tank is doing so well :) Really love the aquascape too! Same size and my tank so I'm definitely going to be tagging along!! :)
So Rob.. how about those pics with the corals you promised a week ago..?? :rolleyes
I'll set up the camera tomorrow night to shoot some, everyone's doing great now.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Ok, here we go. I need to get out the macro lens tomorrow, everyone is NOT happy with the water change as you can see, lol.

ai.imgur.com_maMybdJ.jpg

ai.imgur.com_982nQgP.jpg

ai.imgur.com_PQF5ygA.jpg

ai.imgur.com_WH9tur2.jpg

ai.imgur.com_1RPf5Oh.jpg

ai.imgur.com_ujPH8zB.jpg

ai.imgur.com_HdXxIMg.jpg

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
I got home and it looked like the FEDEX and UPS trucks thew up on my porch, lol. The issue with the corals was low alk, not much, but softies get pissy about it, ESPECIALLY Xenias.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Got a few pieces in Thursday, damned Aussie War coral broke with RTN and is already dead. The rest of the specimens look damn nice, never had any kind of luck with Favites, Favias I do great with, je ne c'est pas. :( I'll shoot a few pics tomorrow, might be going up to Pennsylvania to get my tank today, if not, tomorrow.

Ordered 4 of these little gems since they got a good review here.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Jeba...ral-reef-aquarium-4-pump-head/2031850867.html

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Might be off line or limited access for a few days. Whilst moving the damn refugium the pump fell out and dripped water on my video card so I'm waiting for a new one. :mad:

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
OK, we're back up and running with a new video card, might shoot a few pics tomorrow. I've been fighting a cold now for the better part of a week and tonight it's kickin' my ass but good.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Picked up a Royal Gramma, Randall's shrimp goby and a Randall's pistol shrimp today. Damn Royal Gramma almost committed Harri Kari in the GBTA, lol. Lesson learned, Atlantic fish need to be released toward the glass so they don't dart into the damn anemone.

While we were there, I was gonna pick up another tank, but the 2x2 cube was outta stock. they do have a DSA 105 on clearance for $325, decisions decisions. if it had been a rimless, it would be here right now, lol.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Bonnie and Clyde just earned themselves time in the sin bin which is the 57 rimless. They've shredded the new gobies dorsal fin so they get a time out for 3 days, seems fair. Let the new guys settle in for a few days.