Tank Journal Archive

Mattres

May 26, 2015
Adelaide
3 Month Update
Its been a little while since my last update, the tank has been happily cruising and maturing up until this past week. Nothing new has been added for a little over a month. Partly as I'm trying to stock it slowly but also for the fact i haven't found time to get to a LFS. Work and life have been quite hectic since the tank went up so hopefully over the coming months I can give it a bit more TLC.

I hit a green algae stage on the sandbed about a month ago and its still persisting. Hopefully it passes in another month or two.
The only issue I've ran into is this past week my two monti's and echinata all suffered burnt tips and as of yesterday the echinata is a goner. All other acro's seem unaffected. Not sure what caused this as all were looking very healthy a week before and the usual suspect of high or rapid change in Alk never happened to my knowledge. Alk's been low but stable at around 6dKh.
Low nutrients also don't seem to be a cause as nitrates are 10ppm.
I have wondered if excess trace elements could be the cause. I dose Aquaforest 1+2+3+ but with a low stock of coral I could see the trace elements building up.

I'm also hoping to finally get some silicone hose soon so i can finish off my return plumbing

Some new fish and coral are definitely on the cards when I find some nice ones!

DSC03416.JPG

RobbieMVFC

Feb 25, 2013
Hey mate, sorry to hear of the losses however the rest look great.
That is one sexy light ....lol

P.S I have a echinata also and while everything else is growing b4 my eyes it has done FA. infact I have also lost a tiny part of it.
I used to think that they like low light (in comparison to other Acros) but it din't grow at all.
I have just moved to to full light . Keeping my fingers crossed,

Mattres

May 26, 2015
Adelaide
that's a clean layout, love it.

I'd def go easy on the AF gear with low coral load, it's pretty strong gear
Thanks mate! I think you're right. I'm gonna mix up some without the component strong or at least only a small dose of it over the weekend and switch it over.

Love that layout. Will look amazing when its all grown in.
Thanks a lot Oscar, that's the dream! :D

Hey mate, sorry to hear of the losses however the rest look great.
That is one sexy light ....lol

P.S I have a echinata also and while everything else is growing b4 my eyes it has done FA. infact I have also lost a tiny part of it.
I used to think that they like low light (in comparison to other Acros) but it din't grow at all.
I have just moved to to full light . Keeping my fingers crossed,
Thanks mate! Haha yup the light is handy to have for something nice to look at during the early stages :p
Let us know how the echinata goes in its new spot. I think i had some small growth on mine but unfortunately it got upset about something.

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Needs at least 14.87 more fish and about 59.36 more coral :p

I would definitely mix up the AF without the component strong! I had the same issues and not mixing it with the component strong fixed it :)

Mattres

May 26, 2015
Adelaide
Needs at least 14.87 more fish and about 59.36 more coral :p

I would definitely mix up the AF without the component strong! I had the same issues and not mixing it with the component strong fixed it :)
Haha working on it mate!
Ahhh interesting! Thats good to know. I need to do it stat!