30/3/2018 Cycle Progress

Discussion in 'Reef Tanks' started by ryan1986, Mar 30, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. ryan1986

ryan1986 Member

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Australia
    State:
    victoria
    Ammonia is slowly starting to drop in guessing about 2ppm still. BUT we finally have Nitrite which looks to be approx 0.5.

Good progress I feel.
    I'll leave the prawns in till the ammonia is 0 and nitrite is 0 and then ill do a 40L water change to drop nitrates and remove the prawns.

What fish would be a better starting fish 2x small clowns or 2x small fairy wrasse.

Attached Files:

2. NiCd

NiCd Lead Moderator

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +2,720
    Australia
    State:
    NSW
    Tank raised clowns would be your best bet
  3. ryan1986

ryan1986 Member

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Australia
    State:
    victoria
    I was only thinking the wrasse as I know they need to be added to peaceful tank. And it's the 1 fish my mrs has she 100% need to have or I'm in trouble
  4. NiCd

NiCd Lead Moderator

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +2,720
    Australia
    State:
    NSW
    What is the particular breed of clowns and fairies are you looking at having?
  5. ryan1986

ryan1986 Member

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Australia
    State:
    victoria
    Tbh im not 100% sure on actual bread names. We seen the fairy wrasse at mentone aquarium. I'll post closest picture I can find.
    As for clowns id love some basic ones but would be nice if they would hoast an with an anemone

Attached Files:

6. NiCd

NiCd Lead Moderator

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +2,720
    Australia
    State:
    NSW
    If by basic clowns you mean ocellaris, they will be fine, They will just have their little patch somewhere and will goof around there.

Not fairy wrasses but one of my favourite reef safe wrasses is the mystery wrasse or an easy to get, cheap, small and hardy wrasse that is great for beginners is the 6 line wrasse.
    • Like Like x 1