Tank Journal Archive

RobbieMVFC

Feb 25, 2013
3rd Birthday Update
My tank is finally doing well again.
I had taxing battle with RTN/STN that made me question myself and my position in the hobby.
It all started back in Feb/March I think it was , I changed my bio pellet reactor and also changed my scape with some new base rock. I assume that the base rock was leaching P04 cause it shot up to .8 .
I decided to start doing 20% water changes and started feeding every other day to combat the high PO4 but nothing was working then I started doing 2x20% water changes a week that’s when the RTN started .
In essence I think the reactor plus the large water changes striped all the nutrients out of the water and my Acros were starving( I didn’t know this at the time)
I decided to strip all excess items of the tank one by on one week at a time to try and isolate the problem.
The week I removed the reactor I seen an improvement, that’s when the penny finally dropped .
The other thing I have changed is a few weeks back I cut my losses removed the LED light and got the last ATI sunpower in the country (6x39w) I have seen a significant improvement in my corals

DSC_0001.JPG
DSC_0003.JPG
DSC_0759.JPG
DSC_0760.JPG
DSC_0764.JPG
DSC_0892.JPG
DSC03677.JPG
DSC03680.JPG
DSC03693.JPG

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Glad we didn't lose another hobbyist seems to be happening a lot lately. Looking good , I love the ATI"s and my corals do well too. ! Keep up the photos we love them congrats

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Good for you for sticking to it and beating it. We all have the tough times in the hobby mate, reminds me of a famous Batman quote:

Sam

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Tank is looking awesome mate! Good to hear that things are finally settled out and on the up again! :) Some really happy sps in there!!