3rd Dose Nualgi

Discussion in 'Nano Reef Tanks' started by daveH, May 8, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

1. daveH

daveH Team Leader

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +3,226
    Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    Well, I just gave the tank it's 3rd dose of NuAlgi.
    I haven't noticed any changes good or bad so far. I'm hoping that the dosing will help with the slight dusting of algae I get on the glass every couple of days, although having just cleaned my wave pump the water flow has increased in the tank and that in itself has made an improvement in any algae build up.
    Has anyone seen any results yet or is it still too early?
  2. Sam Parker

Sam Parker Moderator

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +4,679
    Australia
    State:
    Victoria
  3. leodb89

leodb89 Member

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +1,822
    Australia
    State:
    NSW
    i havent yet seen results just find it to be something that is long term i mean such little doses not so often would mean it would slowly need to build up itself would it not?
  4. daveH

daveH Team Leader

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +3,226
    Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    Well, that makes sense to me but "they" claim that results have been noticed after 3-4 weeks.
  5. Sam Parker

Sam Parker Moderator

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +4,679
    Australia
    State:
    Victoria
    true... But that being said, I have seen results, can I claim it was the nualgi? Not sure....
    • Like Like x 1
  6. daveH

daveH Team Leader

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +3,226
    Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    What sort of results??
  7. Sam Parker

Sam Parker Moderator

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +4,679
    Australia
    State:
    Victoria
    Prior to using Nulagi my phosphate and nitrate was rising slowly. Then shortly after my first dose, it seems my sandbed has matured (by the air bubbles rising from it) and now my phosphates and nitrates barely return a result.

Could be related, could be coincidence!
  8. daveH

daveH Team Leader

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +3,226
    Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    Hmmm . . .
  9. Wrangy

Wrangy Member

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +3,010
    Australia
    State:
    Victoria
    It's certainly an interesting thing when trying to determine what is actually causing the changes. Did you change anything else prior to dosing the Nualgi? Or nothing? That'll be the best give away, if you did then you'll have to wait till the cycle of the same change comes around to see if similar things happen. i.e. NO3 and phos start to rise again just before media needs to be changed or something similar like that. It'd be interesting to see!
  10. Sam Parker

Sam Parker Moderator

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +4,679
    Australia
    State:
    Victoria
    for a couple of weeks leading up to doising nualgi I had started dosing vinegar and carbon, so would kinda of explain it (usually takes two weeks for that to kick in). But I guess at the end of the day, I cant complain - nothing has gone wrong!

Would love to get to the less glass cleaning and crystal white sand stage though!
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Wrangy

Wrangy Member

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +3,010
    Australia
    State:
    Victoria
    Wouldn't we all!! I just want to be rid of the algae in my tank and for the friggin zeo stuff to hurry the .... up and get here!! lol
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. daveH

daveH Team Leader

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +3,226
    Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    Here's something interesting - when I do a water change on the Cade I use one bucket of the water I take out and use it for a water change in my Yasha (I figure that it's still quite good and is dosed up with calc, mag and the other stuff I throw in).
    Anyway, (since the Nualgi dosing) the couple of corals I have in there recouperating from being stung are suddenly looking great.
    I do no dosing in the Yasha so any benefits are coming from the water changes.
    • Love It! Love It! x 1
  13. Sam Parker

Sam Parker Moderator

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +4,679
    Australia
    State:
    Victoria
  14. riley

riley Member

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +204
    Australia
    State:
    NSW
    im up 2 week 2. I've seen negative changes in my tank. pos went from .04 to .30 with a little Green hair algae on the back glass. but this is most likely because I've added a copperband and trying to train on pellets. the problem with this product is there isnt a way to test the success of it. e.g. bio pellets u can test for nitrate and pos etc.... but with this its very subjective. "my coral looks more extended today"... there could be so many variables that led to the corals extension of its polyps that u cant say its a direct result of NuAlgi
    Last edited: May 8, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  15. holly

holly Member

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +1,514
    Australia
    State:
    Victoria
    are you STILL waiting for that stuff?

p.s 2nd dose tomorrow for big and little systems. No noticeable changes other than a few acans having the shits with life - need to do a water change tomorrow.
  16. LEG-IT

LEG-IT Member

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +363
    Australia
    State:
    nsw
    mine arrived yesterday! will let you guys know how it goes!
    • Like Like x 2
  17. LEG-IT

LEG-IT Member

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +363
    Australia
    State:
    nsw
    yeah this shit doesnt work bahaha, haven't noticed any changes, has been 3 weeks no differences..
    • Like Like x 1
  18. daveH

daveH Team Leader

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +3,226
    Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    I've done 5 doses and nothing, in fact I've had a large phosphate rise last week, which normally stays pretty constant.
    Have had to do 20% water changes for the last few days.
  19. daveH

daveH Team Leader

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +3,226
    Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    I'm probably not going to bother with any more doses - really can't see any benefit what so ever.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. riley

riley Member

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +204
    Australia
    State:
    NSW
    I've noticed a dif. hair line has taken off and i mean everywere. phos went from .05 to 1ppm. I've now stopped dosing. ill let the other test it. have noticed lots of others on fb have reported increase in phos as well. i havent had hair in my tank for years.... so im pretty sure its a result of nualgi dosing