daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
4 Tangs No Waiting
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Atlas finally had the fish I've been waiting for and was willing to swap my largish Yellow Tang for a smaller one.
So after @somethingfishy76 and I removed enough rocks to catch my tang I was off to Atlas to pick up my bucket'o'fish.
Picked up the replacement Yellow, a Purple, a Yellow Eye Kole and a Sail fin Tang all of the exactly the same small size.
Let them acclimate for a while and let em go.
It was amazing they just swam together like they were all,the same, not one bit of aggression. After a while they split up and started looking for their own cave (which we made sure we created heaps of for them when we put the rocks back).
We can't believe it, they are all just cruising around and getting on just fine, no tension or stress what so ever.
The only sad part was that I had to go home - but Gerhard gets to sit and watch my beautiful new family.

Last edited:

jaspass

Jul 22, 2013
Brisbane
Looking great Dave, they'll be fine. The new sump looks fantastic too, I'll have to pop over to G's for another tank inspection.

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
image.png

I went and picked up another cleaner wrasse today ( the last one mysteriously disappeared a week or so ago)
The immediate interaction was just brilliant to watch, he wasn't in the tank more than 30 seconds before the tangs were lining up to be cleaned.
They all approached him in a submissive position and waited their turn.
The cleaner wrasse is a must have fish for helping to keep things passive in the tank.
All 4 are getting on great, all feeding well on pellets. A bit of usual tang games to see whose going to be boss, but definitely no rough play. The Kole is the most timid and hides a little bit, the sailfin doesn't give shit about anyone and just cruises around. The yellow and the purple seem to want to work out between them who's going to be boss but no real problems there.
Can't wait to get them moved to the apartment and be able to spend more time with them and start filling the tank with corals. Soon I hope.

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
It seemed the best way to introduce them, theire was only a hawkfish in the tank at the time.
Especially with a brand new scape no one had territory to protect.
It's been over week now and they are all getting on fine and eating well, no stress at all.
Besides "what could possibly go wrong?"