Tank Journal Archive

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
5 Month Update
Well I didn't realise but I set the tank up exactly five months ago :) Time to report in and have a look lol
In terms of equipment things are running real smooth :)
- R6 is still kicking butt and skimming very nicely.
- I love the Vectra :) silent and doesn't skip a beat! Really nice pump to have running on the tank!
- I recently upgrade the heater to a titanium one and the temp now only varies by 0.2 degrees, I'm thinking about dropping the standard running temp to 24.5 for summer, especially with the halides lo
- My light schedule is currently 12hrs of t4's and 3hrs of the halide :) I want to boost the halide to 5 but I'm going to wait till after summer to do that because I don't wamt to deal with it over summer lol.
- Flow-wise I'm just running a Tunze 6025 and an RW-8 but still want to get a gyre 250 for the tank!
- Kore is keeping things stable and the ATO is working really well on it too so I'm happy.

Now onto the tank :) I am DYING to get some more fish! I've got my five fish and I really want to get some more but I have to wait for them to be caught and delivered lol. For the moment though, the babies that I do have are all doing really well in the tank and everyone seems to be fat and happy :) so I guess I can't really complain! The acro's are growing, the clams are growing, the zoa's are happy and the acans are loving the tank tank! Overall I'm really happy with where the tank is at this point in time :) Could be better but I know what needs to be done to fix that.
Here's a crappy FTS for everyone :)
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_novFTS_zps3m2b4z2t.jpg

Now onto the parameters of the tank, the alk is holding steady at 8.4dKH. A little higher than I want but I want to leave the AF dosing at the basic 50ml rather than decrease the dosage so I'll wait till the uptake increases and brings the alk down to 7.5dKH and the readjust my dosing. Phosphates are at 0.00ppm on the phosphorous checker so suuupper low, I want to bring these up just a little :) And now we hit the reason the acans are so happy.... my nitrates hahaha My nitrates are currently sitting around the 50ppm mark :eek but it's cool, I'll be adding some Pro Bio S to my dosing regime to seed the matrix a little faster and bring the nitrates back under control lol. I'm not worried about it though, the acro's are a little poopy and colour isn't great but that will come back with the nitrates being removed! Here's a pic of one of the happy acans!
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_purdyacan_zpsaxtk7o1j.jpg

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
That is looking super duper clean Dom!
Do you know the brand/type of substrate you are using?

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
That is looking super duper clean Dom!
Do you know the brand/type of substrate you are using?
Thanks man :) I'm really happy with it, needs a water change today though lol
Just the no brand coral sand Dave stocks lol

Looks wicked! Looking more mature to compared to previous pics.
Which heater did you switch to?
Cheers mate :) it's definitely coming along nicely and I'll be picking up more goodies on Friday ! :D
Just a no brand titanium heater, I have it hooked up to the stc as it has no temp control on it :)

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
How nice is that !!
You've always had an impressive clean set up
Once again you've not failed to impress
:)!