Tank Journal Archive

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
57 Rimless
Another steal on a tank. Husband was deployed all the time in Afghanistan and wife said get rid of it. $200 for tank, stand, sump, skimmer (shitty Coralife skimmer) and Mag5 return pump. Brought it home, added some rock, new sand and water and off we went. Do yourselves a HUGE favor and avoid Coralife skimmers. It's a damn shame, they used to be a trailblazer back in the late 80s, dunno what happened there. I'll be shooting some new photos of it in the coming weeks as we're still working on finishing up our back room which is where we're going to be importing a few things to sell. I just got the new card reader and I'm gonna shoot another video of our pistol shrimp and goby since the one I just shot is crap. Damn scratches!! :mad:

ai.imgur.com_CIQlIGX.jpg

ai.imgur.com_hpcXXrF.jpg

ai.imgur.com_hNoufhy.jpg

ai.imgur.com_xRxlfyY.jpg

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
That turbinaria was almost dead when we got it, another case of a n00b not knowing WTF they were doing. It was bleached damn near white and had receded back over 3/4 of the skeleton. 3x/ week feedings and good flow brought it back to life. The bryopsis is disappearing quite well too. Damned RO unit had a defect from the factory. The gasket that holds the membrane in place had flipped around in the housing and was letting a little bit of reject water through. By the time I caught it, it was too late. Had to throw GFO on the water tank to get rid of the phosphates. In a few weeks I'll have a few more acans coming out of quarantine, they were loaded with critters that I didn't want to introduce into the system. if the damn ritteri cooperates I'll do another entry of my 130D tonight and shoot some video. Right now the bastard's on the front glass. Here's a pic of him and the male Orange Skunk clown in the mean time. You can see what I mean about scratches.

ai.imgur.com_QKyNiJX.jpg