Tank Journal Archive

hurlza

Sep 22, 2014
6 Month Update (pictures And A Vid)
WOOOOO tank has been successfully running for 6months with basically 0 major problems, so heres a quick little update.
So basically since my last post nothing has really happened apart from that i now have a new camera, canon 70d, and have taken some really awesome shots and put together a nice little vid (and a pic of @AlexBlake lawnmower blenny in its toadstool, it was just too cute not to photograph when I was at his)
Rose and the Doctor-7678.jpg
Rose and the Doctor-7686.jpg
tank shots wiith vid-7893.jpg
tank shots wiith vid-7898.jpg
tank shots wiith vid-7915.jpg
tank shots wiith vid-7891.jpg
Lawnmower Blenny-7420.jpg
Funny thing happened last night, my nudibranch obviously crawled over my fungia and the fungia thought it would be nice to eat it, then soon after decided to spit it back out. Upon me thinking it was dead and about to remove the nudibranch, it starts to unroll and crawl away covered in fungia slime! I was quite shocked to be honest. So yeah all is well and I look forward to seeing how everything continues to grow :)

hurlza

Sep 22, 2014
Lovely photos!! Care to share your photo tips? :D (Other than Don't use Your iPhone! XD)
Well basically all I do is set it up on a tripod, use manual mode (for the coral pics i think i used 1/80th at f/4 and 1600 iso on auto white balance). I then pretty much just do a little post processing in Lightroom CC just to bring out the full colours and detail in the image. For the video I think i used pretty much the same settings. Some tips would be shoot at night time and turn all the lights off in the room, this will give basically no reflection from the glass, if you can you should use a polarizing filter (this will mostly eliminate the reflections and give a bit better colour, one wasnt actually used for the vid or images). Lastly never use flash!!!!.
The pics of my clowns were a little bit harder, i think i just had the camera on sport mode and i just used manual focused because the auto focus is a bit slow for the fish and just hope they turned out.

Hope this helps a bit :)