Tank Journal Archive

jart

Apr 10, 2015
A Few Things Happening
Three main things to write about today:

* love my citronus goby. While the tank has been largely a FOWLR for many months he tends to perch on one particular rock or on one of the glass panes near the corner. I have three morphs that have at various stages floated around my tank and come to rest in random places. They have managed to land and attach this time in three pretty good spots, evidenced by the fact that they have started "puffing up" to close their old size over the last week or so. My goby is now like a pig in mud, with two new perches that he loves to oscillate between all day long!

ai18.photobucket.com_albums_b137_jshowyin_Fish_20Pics_20__20Shcda7462ce9b65f9023ba4f61805cb8d5.jpg

* about 3 weeks in and the little bleached anemone I bought is doing well. He initially attached himself to the underhang of the central rock at the front and stayed there until last night (good spot except for the difficulty in target feeding him anything). Siphoned out my settlement tank last night and when turning off my Jebao pumps must have changed the setting on one of them from steady to pulse. Woke this morning to find the little anemone had gone walkabout to the top of that rock. He is still bleached mainly white, but has lovely purple tips with a dot of green. Very interested to see what his final colouring will settle as.

* the settlement tank experiment continues and is definitely working to some degree. Below you will find a pic of just over 2 weeks worth of detritus caught in the settlement tank. Easy to siphon it out, just need to move slowly and methodically so I don't stir it up before I can suck it up. At a really rough guess, I believe the settlement tank is catching 2/3 -3/4 of the gunk coming down my two overflow pipes. Pretty happy with that for now.

ai18.photobucket.com_albums_b137_jshowyin_Fish_20Pics_20__20Shb855998eb70fbf60d8937fa40c8a1b54.jpg

Mattres

May 26, 2015
Adelaide
The settlement tanks a great idea, even with a filter sock my whole sump becomes a "settlement tank" and is a grind to clean lol
I was enjoying reading about your Goby and my heart started to race when u metioned a pump! Haha