Tank Journal Archive

Savage Henry

Feb 2, 2015
haha this is only 8 pictures of at least 30 :p It's mostly about white balance to get the colours correct and then I use a few different settings here and there to get the focus and sharpness set but I'll go through those tomorrow night in depth for you :)

Always glue down first, then you won't lose anything haha

All over the place Fragalicious and EAA are both AMAZING but as with anything that's beautiful in this hobby you have to be bloody fast!! EAA did a release last night and I think most things sold within an hour or two! Make sure you follow on FB so you know when things are happening. I make sure I have notifications turned on for all the pages I like so I know exactly when and they show first on my news feed!
You'll have to propagate yours and sell them to your fellow reefers.

hurlza

Sep 22, 2014
I feed plenty but I'll assume flow is the issue. There is way not enough flow and not wave maker small enough for the tank. Will sort it all out when I eventually upgrade though

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
You'll have to propagate yours and sell them to your fellow reefers.
I like that idea ... aquaculture it ! :D
I already do ;) and I might just be upping my game soon too!!

I feed plenty but I'll assume flow is the issue. There is way not enough flow and not wave maker small enough for the tank. Will sort it all out when I eventually upgrade though
Flow could definitely play a factor and I know light has a huge influence on them, it certainly did and does for me! When I swapped lighting I got no growth for a solid 4-6 months haha

potatocouch

Jan 16, 2014
Sydney
Flow could definitely play a factor and I know light has a huge influence on them, it certainly did and does for me!
Dom, pardon my laziness (I could probably browse your tank journal), what is the firepower (litre/h) of your wavemakers? how many units mounted?

Apart from flow & lighting, I'm assuming you also feed your corals (which i think 100% SPS?) ... do you feed them Amino Acid then Reef Roids? I'm seeing huge success on how you aqua-culturing your SPS corals hence just wanting to know what the best do in their business ;)

ajkdark

Aug 17, 2014
haha this is only 8 pictures of at least 30 :p It's mostly about white balance to get the colours correct and then I use a few different settings here and there to get the focus and sharpness set but I'll go through those tomorrow night in depth for you :)

Would you please explain how you correct white balance? And the few changes here and there?

Thanks

Last edited:

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Dom, pardon my laziness (I could probably browse your tank journal), what is the firepower (litre/h) of your wavemakers? how many units mounted?

Apart from flow & lighting, I'm assuming you also feed your corals (which i think 100% SPS?) ... do you feed them Amino Acid then Reef Roids? I'm seeing huge success on how you aqua-culturing your SPS corals hence just wanting to know what the best do in their business ;)
2 RW-4's and two Tunze 6025's all flowing :) You'll have to work out the rest yourself haha
I don't feed any reef roids, just some AcroPower and some zeo supps too :) Start, bak, sponge power and coral vitalizer too.

Would you please explain how you correct white balance? And the few changes here and there?

Thanks
This is where I learnt most of my settings from :) White balance can be manually set on your camera, you just need to look up how on your model :) it can't be done by all though. @dimitri

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forum/index.php?threads/photography-101-marine-tank-version.87150/

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
@Wrangy didn't you make a very detailed thread about photography a little while ago? Maybe you can link people to that?