Reef Discussion

A Problem With Cade Tanks ???
I'm constantly perplexed by the amount of hype around CADE tanks versus the fact that so many people with these tanks, sell or modify them not long after acquisition.

I have no opinion myself as I just don't know enough so I'm inviting comments on this subject as I'm saving for a bigger system and weighing up Cade vs custom build.

corals

Nov 4, 2013
Canberra
i have a cade 1200. very happy. yes i did modify my plumbing slightly. installed a stockman silent overflow and improved the ball valves. i also added a separate 80 litre refugium that comes off the return pump........but marine people are always tinkering. it would have still been fine without these modifications. i am very happy with the tank itself. stand more than ok. doors not quite aligned to be picky, light stands are great. the finish on the glass joins is fantastic. everyone has their own ideas on how they want their tank to look. its just whether its right for you. i personally am glad i bought one after having a custom made one as the previous tank. cade was much less hassle. i am sure you will get a range of answers. all it matters is what you want.

Grimz

Aug 7, 2014
Nothing wrong with the Cade tanks mate, I've owned 2 so far and the next tank I get will more than likely be another one :)

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
I love my cade :) Was definitely the best choice I could have made when beginning after seeing all the options and such. That being said the plumbing is a tiny bit annoying so most redo that and I hate the sump layout in my 600 but that's mainly due to size restrictions. Once you see how gorgeous they look, the glass is amazing and the stand is very sleek and sturdy and the whole feel and build of them is really nice. I would recommend them to anyone :)

That being said my next build will more than likely not be a cade tank but that's simply due to the fact that I want a shape they don't make :)

DeWalt

May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Yup what other people said. The quality of their glass work is great for the price and availability.

The plumbing configuration is not good and I'm not a fan of their cabinets.

I don't have a cade tank as my tank dimensions are custom but I would have bought a cade tank if one of the available sizes fit my application.

MQ-9

Nov 25, 2014
I love my cade. I did mod it a tad. More importantly not long until i have a red sea reefer to play with. Will likely have to play around with that a bit. But then again, that is the point.

riley

Apr 25, 2013
GYMEA BAY
the first cade i got had a major defect but was replaced and i am in love with my tank. only mod i made was the plumping but planning to change the overflow. i decided on a cade because they wasnt any builders in my area that i trusted enof to make me 1 or were just as expensive as getting a cade.

my future tank however will not be a cade. my dream is 4*3*1.5 or 4*4*1.5 which they dont make.

Nick_85

Sep 22, 2014
Love mine after some tinkering with the plumbing all is silent, glass work is great and cabinet is very sleek. Happily reccomend these tanks :)

Azedenkae

Jun 17, 2013
The quality of the Cade tanks are like, amazing. Sure their plumbing sucks, but their glass... it's like... wow...

And their cabinets... wow...

So yeah, that's probably why everyone goes for them. Sure, we tinker with them all the time, but heck, we tinker with everything. :3

I had my aquarium custom-designed, and even then I was tinkering around with it...

ajkdark

Aug 17, 2014
I do not have a Cade, therefore I cannot comment on them.

I have a Red Sea S Series 500.
The cabinet finish is exeptional. The tank is low iron Ultra Clear glass, beautifully made. The plumbing is well made and absolutely silent. The circulation is more than adequate and the t5 lighting hood is outstanding quality. The skimmer is excellent, if set up correctly.

I have not had to tinker with it, as I don't really want to.

I can recommend them highly. I do not regret my purchase at all.

Beautiful tank.

The early CADE plumbing left some room for improvement however over time they have got it right. I have never had a problem with the ball valve quality tbh. The newest models HL Reef models have changed plumbing configuration especially in the Back Parcel models with the centre weir. The return flow has changed from 1 outlet to 2 and they are drilled into the rear panel which is now blackened out. The BP is now thinner also measuring 9cm rather than 13cm. There are 2 down pipes, one direct tapped flow and another straight flow. The system is easily adjusted and runs silent. The BP has a cover over it also to neaten things up. Also all Reef Series models come with ATO as standard now although we don't have images yet. On the HL600-BP through to HL1500 it's a reservoir tank with float valve positioned above the return pump chamber and the HL1800 has the usual large ATO to one side of the sump. Pics are on the CADE Australia Facebook page.

Attachments