Tank Journal Archive

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
A Trip To Deer Park!
As everyone probably well and truly knows by now, I was invited for a lovely evening at Dave's on Friday last week and holy smokes was it a wonderful date night!!! One of the most colourful deliveries of acro's I've seen in a while!!
The pictures are a little over-saturated as it's my first time using RAW and Lightroom to edit but I think I did pretty well aside from that :)
Most shops have an "acro tank" but no one has "the acro tank" like Daves when it's freshly filled!
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_AcroTown3_zpsjjjadusi.jpg

ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_AcroTown2_zpsujzajo5g.jpg

Just look at that bloody rainbow of colour through the tank...
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_AcroCity_zps8qz77eiq.jpg

But I mean what good is an overall picture when there's no sneaky looks at the gems that came in!
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Tricolour_zpsgdhuddjy.jpg

ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_aCRO3_zpsov5mchlq.jpg

Just your average sub-$100 piece of SSC
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_ssc_zps7u1hqegi.jpg

Blue tips anyone?
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Acro2_zpszlnbf6su.jpg

Some glowy goodness..
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Acro1_zpsfswfx3nh.jpg

ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Monti_zpsowt57lwt.jpg

ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_CandyAcro_zpsn0w4sr46.jpg

Some boring scoly flubber for those that are twisted that way!
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Scoly1_zpsx6pbp5wo.jpg

ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Scoly1_close_zpsblktujla.jpg

ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_ScolyTown_zpscrcryeke.jpg

Now I bet you're all wondering what I got with such an amazing level of stock in... well I originally went in with the intention of not getting anything but some AF top ups as I'm holding off for my elusive Lennardi to come in but when I got there, Dave... , well Dave decided that my willpower was far to strong and decided to have some of the smallest and most beautiful Purple Queen Anthias (pseudanthias pascalus not p. tuka though) I've seen in a looonnngggg time!! Well needless to say that, depending on how they go I'm hopefully going to be able to work towards keeping half a dozen long term!! :D I suppose I really am a sucker for punishment when it comes to fish... lol
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_PurpleQueens_zpsjsjyxwy6.jpg

There was another piece that tempted me but I didn't have budget or tank space to allow for it! Pretty goddamn gorgeous if you ask me!
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Carpet_zpsbmaec5za.jpg

As everyone probably well and truly knows by now, I was invited for a lovely evening at Dave's on Friday last week and holy smokes was it a wonderful date night!!! One of the most colourful deliveries of acro's I've seen in a while!!
The pictures are a little over-saturated as it's my first time using RAW and Lightroom to edit but I think I did pretty well aside from that :)
Most shops have an "acro tank" but no one has "the acro tank" like Daves when it's freshly filled!
View attachment 55835

View attachment 55836

Just look at that bloody rainbow of colour through the tank...
View attachment 55837

But I mean what good is an overall picture when there's no sneaky looks at the gems that came in!
View attachment 55838

View attachment 55839

Just your average sub-$100 piece of SSC
View attachment 55840

Blue tips anyone?
View attachment 55841

Some glowy goodness..
View attachment 55842

View attachment 55843

View attachment 55844

Some boring scoly flubber for those that are twisted that way!
View attachment 55845

View attachment 55846

View attachment 55847

Now I bet you're all wondering what I got with such an amazing level of stock in... well I originally went in with the intention of not getting anything but some AF top ups as I'm holding off for my elusive Lennardi to come in but when I got there, Dave... , well Dave decided that my willpower was far to strong and decided to have some of the smallest and most beautiful Purple Queen Anthias (pseudanthias pascalus not p. tuka though) I've seen in a looonnngggg time!! Well needless to say that, depending on how they go I'm hopefully going to be able to work towards keeping half a dozen long term!! :D I suppose I really am a sucker for punishment when it comes to fish... lol
View attachment 55848

There was another piece that tempted me but I didn't have budget or tank space to allow for it! Pretty goddamn gorgeous if you ask me!
View attachment 55849
I got the feels mate.... oh Deer park how sweet thou art....

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Gotta love Deer Park. Almost made it back on Thursday to hang out with you chaps, but was pushing my luck two nights in a row this time of year :P

The nem sold already? Wow, that was quick!

Sep 24, 2013
Palm Beach
I will have to pay them a visit next time I visit Melbourne.
It's been a bad year for Sydney SPS keepers. Very hard to find a shop that keep this level of colours

Savage Henry

Feb 2, 2015
I've got money to buy things now, but unfortunately I am in the process of downsizing from 90x60x55 to 90x45x45 so I will be lucky to keep what I already have. So, anything new will mean out with the old. And, I really like my old (even if it aint pretty in the conventional sense).

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Saw the haddoni today, beautiful and already sold.........
The guy also bought 20 clowns to go with it so it's going to look spectacular when it's all said and done!

That's it... I'm telling the missus we're moving to Melbourne...
Totally worth it if you get to know Dave well ;) haha

He doesn't muck about lol Hopefully there's a few goodies for me in the next few deliveries ;)

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
I will have to pay them a visit next time I visit Melbourne.
It's been a bad year for Sydney SPS keepers. Very hard to find a shop that keep this level of colours
Yeah, you guys have had it rough with Eastwood closed for so long as the others stores don't really have the same level of dedication for anything that's not CM lol

I've got money to buy things now, but unfortunately I am in the process of downsizing from 90x60x55 to 90x45x45 so I will be lucky to keep what I already have. So, anything new will mean out with the old. And, I really like my old (even if it aint pretty in the conventional sense).
There's always room for new pieces ;) And if not, you can always get it replaced with a better bit haha