Tank Journal Archive

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
About Time For A Photo Update !
Had a friend with a decent camera come over and spend some time with the tank.
He has just sent me some of the shots he captured. He likes the detailed close up shots and wow has he done an amazing job. Warning this thread is photo heavy !
!cid_part5_08090401_07040706@internode_on.jpg
Dragonets.jpg
Clam.jpg
Red lobo.jpg
Red Goni.jpg
Dragonet.jpg

Hope you enjoy.
Lipstick Tang.jpg

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
I was amazed at the clarity, when I looked closely at the tangs skin it almost looked like leather, and could count the dots around the blue tangs eyes.

Rob

Apr 26, 2012
Taking pics should be easy, point and shoot right.... well thats what I tell myself :confused:
Mine never turns out like that though...... Great friend to have and Im sure they were happy with the pics as well...

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Taking pics should be easy, point and shoot right.... well thats what I tell myself :confused:
Mine never turns out like that though...... Great friend to have and Im sure they were happy with the pics as well...
Your so right I've never taken a shot like these either.i do think equipment is important too. His gear was probably worth more than my whole tank set up. Lol.

Rob

Apr 26, 2012
5th pic, that Goni is great..... I have had quite a few however killed them all. How long have you had that one ? Suppose you feed and talk to it as well ?

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
5th pic, that Goni is great..... I have had quite a few however killed them all. How long have you had that one ? Suppose you feed and talk to it as well ?
That one is actually a frag that we took off of our mummy goni about 8 months ago.
The mummy one is 3 yrs old - been in our care for 16 months now, we have taken 4 or 5 frags from her.
Yes I do spot feed them but hmmm...no I dont talk to them. lol

sihi0

Jun 10, 2014
Very nice pics with the fish. I can never get a clear pic of any of my fish.

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
I was hoping to see 20 photo's after this warning - where are the rest :rolleyes

The small number of photo's you have included are very nice :)
I do have more but didn't want to bore people too much. Thanks for lovely compliments. I will pass on to friend. He will be chuffed !

RobbieMVFC

Feb 25, 2013
I do have more but didn't want to bore people too much. Thanks for lovely compliments. I will pass on to friend. He will be chuffed !
Are you kiddding ? Keep the photos coming.
p.s thats the fattest blue tang I have ever seen.

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Are you kiddding ? Keep the photos coming.
p.s thats the fattest blue tang I have ever seen.
Oops!! I told you I over feed. ! They always look so hungry . When I get home from work & don't feed quickly enough he wanders the tank until he finds a rock of a suitable mouth size. Picks it up swims around with it. & drops it the whole time watching it land Always seems to target bomb the clam or helio ! Once he's feed he stops this behaviour. All my fish are what I consider well fed ! Eekkkk !