News

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
About Us - Competition - Reef-Roids Prize
Hello everyone,

I would like to hold a competition for an "About Us" page. I believe this would be better coming from members than if I write it up. The winner (chosen by me) will receive some Reef-Roids by Polyplab. These were kindly donated by Brett @ http://www.bunarongaquarium.com.au/

I would like the about us description to be 250 - 500+ words in length. To help you kick off, here are some pointers.

• Networking
  • The Reefuge Network
  • Open, Free communities
  • Culture
  • Activities
This is not an easy task, but at the same time does not take long to do.

Good luck.

Thanks.

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
basically like writing an essay. im writing one now as we speak for uni haha. but hey, its only 250 minimum and plus my corals will love me for it. lets hope mine comes out on top. good luck to the rest of the reefers who enter :)

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
basically like writing an essay. im writing one now as we speak for uni haha. but hey, its only 250 minimum and plus my corals will love me for it. lets hope mine comes out on top. good luck to the rest of the reefers who enter :)
Hello @daniel borja,

250 is the minimum, but I believe it would be more likely to be a winner if it is closer to the 500 word mark.

Good luck.

Thanks.

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
hope its good enough!!

The Reefuge is an online forum which is a friendly, simple and easy to use site.
It boasts a wide variety of discussion boards and has everything from friendly people wanting to share their tank to people who appreciate the hobby, finding out about certain products, sharing views and experiences on the hobby itself, as well as businesses promoting their products to those that matter.

With over 1200 members and growing by the day, the Reefuge is the place to be for everything tank related. For those new Reefuge members, it doesn't take long to realise you're on the right site for friendly advice and know-how.
Over 6000 discussions on anything and everything! From tanks to fish to inverts to corals and even hardware! The Reefuge site is very easy to navigate your way around. “the lagoon” Forum section focuses more on news, off-topic related discussions that vary from funny, tasteful discussions that reefers can have a laugh at, to other non-related discussions such as finding yourself a girlfriend who supports you and your hobby (quite rare I've heard).
This part of the site also has state groups where different states can post what's happening in their own state that may be of interest to the Reefuge community. The Reefuge prides itself on user feedback, hence why it has it's own technical support/suggestions/feedback forum. This is where users of the site can make the Reefuge even bigger and better than what it already is.

“The Reef” section of the forum is everything related to your tank. Anything you need to know from hardware to livestock and even tank support can be found here. An abundance of information from very dedicated and viable sources can be found in all areas of this section of the forum.

Now, the fun part!! post your own Tank Journal! This is where you can show off your tank, or even get advice on how to make your tank that little bit more sexier and user friendly! Pictures can be posted and fellow reefugers can give you valuable feedback and compliments!

Just heard about a new product and don't know much about it? Ever wanted to make a long trip to an LFS and not sure if it's worth it? Well you may just be able to find what you're looking for in the “reviews” section. Reviews can be made on an LFS as well as items such as consumables and Hardware.

The business pinboard is where you can find businesses selling and promoting their products to the Reefuge community. Here you can find that little something you've been looking for that you may not necessarily find anywhere else. Sometimes they even do it for cheaper! For example K&J aquatics, located in Melton offer discounts to fellow Reefuge users. That's just the kind of community you deal with Here on the Reefuge. A “classifieds” section is also available for Reefuge members to sell, trade or even buy goodies.

So what are you waiting for? If you want to show off your tank, in need of some help, looking for specific items, or just after some friendly advice, than look no further! The Reefuge is all you need!
Become a proud member now! And Best of All, its FREE!!