Reef Discussion

bimbo

Oct 7, 2014
Newcastle
Addatives With Biopellets
I am running biopellets on a newish tank and gradually working my way down to a ULNS sps dominant tank.
Although a little way off needing to feed corals etc I am looking into what else I will need to be dosing (other than calk/alk/mag). There are numerous systems out there such as red sea, zeo, continuum etc.
What suppliments/coral food do you use?

RobbieMVFC

Feb 25, 2013
I think the trick is to feed fish and corals heavily. Keep an eye on nitrates and P04 when you do that .
P.S I may not be the best person to offer advice on bio pellets considering I nearly crashed my tank with them.

bimbo

Oct 7, 2014
Newcastle
But then I won't find out what the answer is :p
No real secrets (well none that Chris is telling me anyway) just a good number of fish and feed them well with the occasional coral feed of lobster eggs/reef roids etc.

Bonus of visiting Chris is he has a few less frags to sell now :worship

Bio pelelts don't really do a good job with Phosphates, The dual pellets i've been running is however doing a great job at bringing both Nitrates and phosphates down. I cant say its ultra low though. Nitrates are zero but Phos still just below 1.0 on Dual pellets.

Looking to start Aqua Medic GFO for phos.

bimbo

Oct 7, 2014
Newcastle
Well I have started adding Fauna Marin Colour elements and reef vitality for the last 2 months or so. even at a low dose the colours of the corals have improved out of sight - much more vibrant and solid and most of my sps have heaps more PE as well.

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Well I have started adding Fauna Marin Colour elements and reef vitality for the last 2 months or so. even at a low dose the colours of the corals have improved out of sight - much more vibrant and solid and most of my sps have heaps more PE as well.
You know that means you're due for new pictures now! lol

gtrxu1

Jun 25, 2012
Bio pelelts don't really do a good job with Phosphates, The dual pellets i've been running is however doing a great job at bringing both Nitrates and phosphates down. I cant say its ultra low though. Nitrates are zero but Phos still just below 1.0 on Dual pellets.

Looking to start Aqua Medic GFO for phos.
If Nitrates are truly 0 then phos won't come down due to the ratio of Organic Carbon vs Nitrate vs Phos.
Adding Nitrate could really help.