Tank Journal Archive

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
Added T5's :)
Hi guys and girls,

I recently added a twin t5 high output light to the tank.

So i now have 2x75 watt leds. royal blue/10k cree and 2x54watt t5's

The pics are just with t5's on.

actinic and purple plus, no one had coral plus and blue plus in stock.. POO!

Zeovit still going well. Just changed the stones and phos as on 0.011 phosphorous which i think calculates to 0.03 phosphate.

IMG_0916_2.JPG

IMG_0912_2.JPG

IMG_0915_2.JPG

IMG_0911_2.JPG
IMG_0909.JPG

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Poo hoo, looks awesome, FYI I run actinic and purple on one channel, it's my dusk/ dawn general go to combo.

Your coral are popping with colour!!

CodyS

Sep 22, 2012
Now you just need to switch your LED's for halides :devil: :D

Looking swell :)

RobbieMVFC

Feb 25, 2013
Looks good mate. Expecially the reds.
if your tank gets anymore color I will nominate it to be the next back drop for the next Disney movie.

Last edited:

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
omg i just tested all my water cause corals look a little pale and freakin hell !

kh was 5 ! murder !
calcium 400 !

the new t5's are making them suck it up ! how dare ! lol

Looks like i caught it early and nothing has been traumatised too bad.

E

ezza

My husband's response to the pics in this thread "why doesn't our tank look like that?". He then asked about zeovit, whether it's more money, more effort or both and suddenly seems interested for once! This from the man who has promised me a water change every day this week and it still hasn't happened...

It is astonishing how colorful the corals are. I can't believe how brilliant it all looks.

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
My husband's response to the pics in this thread "why doesn't our tank look like that?". He then asked about zeovit, whether it's more money, more effort or both and suddenly seems interested for once! This from the man who has promised me a water change every day this week and it still hasn't happened...

It is astonishing how colorful the corals are. I can't believe how brilliant it all looks.
Aww thanks Ezza,
The basics are not expensive as they last so long :-)

Jordanf1

Dec 18, 2014
Hi Oscar,

Stalking your tank here as well! I see you added some T5's. Have you got a pic of what they look like? I'm thinking of doing the same to try add some more light / fiji pink.

Cheers mate
Justin

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
Hi Oscar,

Stalking your tank here as well! I see you added some T5's. Have you got a pic of what they look like? I'm thinking of doing the same to try add some more light / fiji pink.

Cheers mate
Justin
Hey @Jordanf1 ,

Ill try to get a pic up for you tonight. The brand is called hagen and its the t5 hi output glo t5 twin 2x 54w they are a brilliant light and add a huge amount of brightness to the tank.
I have a spare unit if you interested. Its a 4 foot but the legs extend to 5 :)