Tank Journal Archive

Dean Lovett

Apr 11, 2015
Penrith
Addition Of A New Coral! What Is It Though?!
Happy long weekend all! (All of those in Australia), extra long for me! (Graduation on Tuesday!)

I went to the LFS today, to get some sinking pellets. I was under the impression my strom snail was getting a bit hungry because the level of algae has decreased a fair bit and i didn't want her to go hungry. But, I decided today would also be a great day to get another coral!

So i got the coral, which is in the left of the photo, (btw, what is it? I didn't hear the guy correctly, opps)

But anyway, it's opened up well and looks GREAT in the tank!

I also took my turbo back - i know this is weird, but it was constantly behind the rock in my tank. I was constantly scared that it was dying, and also, I was scared that rock may fall on it and kill it, and i wouldn't notice and BANG. AMMONIA AMMONIA AMMONIA AMMONIA. and i dnw (do not want)

So I took it back to the LFS

IMG_6639.JPG

Last edited:
E

ezza

very nice. it's a lovely scape. i do enjoy the rock you have chosen.

lukusis

Sep 3, 2014
Some sort of acro?

What lfs? Auburn?
Make the the drive to see Sam & Sunnie @Eastwood Aquarium, well well worth it. Your tank will love you for it!

Dean Lovett

Apr 11, 2015
Penrith
Some sort of acro?

What lfs? Auburn?
Make the the drive to see Sam & Sunnie @Eastwood Aquarium, well well worth it. Your tank will love you for it!
I have been to Auburn, great owner and great shop!

This was from my LFS in Penrith - reasonably priced and just around the corner.

I wish I knew the correct name of the coral, I love reading about them after I get them so I know everything about them.

curly747

Aug 13, 2013
Curl Curl
If i was in Penrith i would try salt aquariums. I went there before they had the fire so i don't know what its like now. Its a long way from me. But its the best (not local) fish shop i've been to.

Dean Lovett

Apr 11, 2015
Penrith
If i was in Penrith i would try salt aquariums. I went there before they had the fire so i don't know what its like now. Its a long way from me. But its the best (not local) fish shop i've been to.
I did use to go there - I went there a few weeks ago, but it seems their fire has contributed to other shops opening in their intermittent absence... and things in salt aquariums...... slowing down...

E

ezza

Could it be blue Cespitularia? I have a very similar coral and the only thing that makes me doubt its name is Cespitularia have usually got wavy feather type things on the end of the little nobbles... but saying that, they may develop later. It might be worth clarifying by calling the shop.

It's not Acropora, that's a bony coral. This is a type of leather. A soft coral.

http://www.saltyunderground.com/article_info.php?articles_id=30 There are some similar looking corals here and google.

CodyS

Sep 22, 2012
Pretty sure it is Cespitularia. Also known as Blue Xenia. Fast growing and invasive like all flubber lol. Will look good :)