Reef Discussion

newbiereef

Nov 8, 2011
gracemere
Advise On Aqua One Tanks
looking at a aquaone aquareef 195 s2 for the wifes work it needs to be super easy to use as she has very little idea on reef it s for educational purposes. school groups. will only be corals

in her words

a soft, plate ,boulder,branching. i have informed her last is not a option

just need input on the tanks for ease of use

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
The tanks seem to be great! The lighting and skimmer could probably do with an upgrade, plus perhaps in an in tank circulation pump for some extra flow, but even without those they are a capable little tank. Plenty of info out there on how to modify the drain so that it is quieter, other than that don't change a thing

Savage Henry

Feb 2, 2015
Thinking back to my F&N high school days (I hated high school) I'd be a bit cautious about what corals you go for given the little buggers might put their grubby little hands in the tank and grab at toxic corals.

I was the nerd who set up a tank in my class room. We also had a really interesting tank with sand that we used to demonstrate a beach with waves. That was cool.

You'll probably not want a sump. And you'll probably want a secure lid.

I'd be thinking colourful mushrooms with some zoas and a pair of clowns (kids will love them of course) and an internal skimmer (important if you use a lid over the tank).