Off-Topic

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
Ah'm Baaaaaaaack!!
Lol
Been away doing some non-marine, family-related stuff.
After 9 yrs, i won and my kids live with me. My life is off 'Hold' and i can live and make plans again.
I've not kept up my marine stuff coz i had to move AGAIN (6x in 3 yrs is just too much).
But am settled for now and ready to jump back in.
Glad to see all the new members and a warm hello to all the old ones who remember me (and shudder lol)

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Welcome back Michelle - it was only a few days ago when I had a look to see when you last logged in - I think it was January from memory :)

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
Thank you Magic :) I'd not forgotten you all and have been meaning to make time to visit regularly. Now I can. I will start a new TJ soon. I swapped some Halides for a pair of Bangaiis so I will see how I go breeding them some time :) I have a new empty-ish nano and I'm Jones-ing for zoas and morphs. I shall keep you posted :)

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
You got your kids back?? Thats great Michelle, I'm really happy for all of you, I know how hard you've had to fight.

And welcome back!! Good to see one of my good buddies back

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
You got your kids back?? Thats great Michelle, I'm really happy for all of you, I know how hard you've had to fight.

And welcome back!! Good to see one of my good buddies back
Yes after psychological scrutiny, they report proved i have been correct all along and in the final hearing, kids father didn't even turn up. The report was damning and if they (kids father & his defacto) contested it, they would've been open to criminal charges. It was that bad
But I'm back now. I will have time to spend here and spare $$$ to spend on my beloved zoas & morphs. Finally. I feel like I've staggered, blinking, out of a long dark maze, to find I'm totally free to go where I please, in clear bright sunshine :)
It's a lovely feeling.
And I'm glad to come home to friends

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Sounds like a heck of a journey you've had, glad to hear that despite being a long tough road, you've won and hopefully it has been worthwhile.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help get you up to speed on your new marine tank! Equipment, livestock, anything we can do to help :)

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
Thank you Sam - that's really kind of you. A couple of really awesome people, who shall NOT remain nameless because i think everyone should know about the fantastic things people do for others here, have already sent me frags.
Thank you @daveH
And thank you @ezza

I have had some good fortune this week regarding bureaucracy and finances and I'm able to make good with 90% of all my standing debts (Telstra will be particularly delighted) and have a bit left over. I chose to invest that bit in a couple of zoa frags i saw at the LFS today and plan to frag and give to any who wants them and to those who have been so generous to me. One is a gorgeous blue - reminds me of lupins or forget-me-nots. The other looked blue under the LFS lighting but now they're home, they look purple and blue with a pink bulls eye in the centre. Hornets maybe? Dunno. But i will be fragging them once I know they're thriving and then I'll be ready to do some serious paying forward AND back :) :) :)

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Good stuff! I am not much good when it comes with zoa's I'm afraid - but I can knock together some decent gadgetry! So if there is anything you need a hand with that a gadget could assist with, keep me in mind. Temp controllers, skimmer overflow shut offs, RODI reservoir full shutoffs/warnings etc.

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
Good stuff! I am not much good when it comes with zoa's I'm afraid - but I can knock together some decent gadgetry! So if there is anything you need a hand with that a gadget could assist with, keep me in mind. Temp controllers, skimmer overflow shut offs, RODI reservoir full shutoffs/warnings etc.

Reeeeeeaaaallllly.....hmmmm....

You, ah, may regret that offer lol
Coz I'm hopeless with gadgets, wiring, plumbing and...well... anything that's not actually breathing, really...

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Reeeeeeaaaallllly.....hmmmm....

You, ah, may regret that offer lol
Coz I'm hopeless with gadgets, wiring, plumbing and...well... anything that's not actually breathing, really...
No problem! Let me know what aspects of the hobby are painful or take too much time and I'll see what I can do to help :)

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
And glue. I really shouldn't be allowed near glue.
I was putting false nails on a few weeks ago and managed to get super glue on my teeth, tongue and cheek.

Don't ask.

E

ezza

You are a woman who has survived an enormous amount of stress and hardship. I don't enjoy seeing people suffer, you are deserving of love and care. It was the least I could do after I was shown immense kindness and compassion by the people on this forum. I really hope the corals I sent (with enormous help from @Aquariums@Asquith) develop into something lovely. It was a big trip for them!

vspec

Jul 15, 2015
bitchtownRus
Christ, who gave this misfit a keyboard gun and mask, I mean come on.....your not meant to get this shit til Christmas. I still know who you are missy
BETA version.gif