Tank Journal Archive

Dean Lovett

Apr 11, 2015
Penrith
Aiptasia Killing Time, Water Change And Standard Update!
Hey all!

So i just got my computer back from apple, it sustained water damage in summer and had begun to mess up, they had to replace the 'logic board' a $600.00 part.... It cost me $0.00. So i am back!

So, i had to kill two aiptasias this week... My regime consists of white vinegar, a syringe (The local pharmacists would NOT give me a syringe... AT ALL, went to the vet, told them "i need to kill a feral anemone" and bang, syringes... $0.5 each!) So i inject vinegar, about .8mL, in the body of the Aiptasia and often before my eyes they just fall a part, and with a bigger syringe, without the needle, i just suck them up, bang. DONE.

IMG_7279.JPG

The thank over all is looking great! The toadstool coral is open, and LIVING. The cespitularia is moody, but was open today after feeding yesterday. You'll note my zoa colony is closed in the photo, following aiptasia removal. The clownfish has made himself at home, so much so, when i clean he bites me (he must think he is tough, but i barely feel a thing) It's cute. Ha.

IMG_7395.JPG

Where the zoas are, I'm looking at putting either a hammer or torch coral. A small one. I know this is close to the toadstool, but that is the best place thus far, i will be considering places closer over the weekend.

Other than that, all is going well, I will hopefully be adding a blenny or goby this weekend. Also looking at maybe some large purple polyps to scatter around the place!

But other than that, all is going well.

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
I have found my Leather to not be bothered by other corals. I have a Crispa anemone living under my Leather and it the nem often brushes against it. Usually the Leather won't even retract its polyps.

MichelleShocked

Moderate ;)
Jan 7, 2012
Gladstone
How bizarre that a pharmacy won't sell needles.
Nope, they won't. I had the devil's own job trying to buy a needle from the 2 chemists at my last residence. The (snotty) sales assistants would insist they don't sell needles and glance surreptitiously yet pointedly at my arms. It pissed me off to the point that i wanted to slap their drawn-on eye-brows off, while making them repeat "Not everyone is a drug addict!!! I am a judgmental old cow!!!" until i felt better.
I also ended up seeing the vet. I prepared by having screen shots of "how to kill aiptasia" ready so i could prove what i actually want them for. I even wore a short sleeve top so she could see my unblemished arms..... Success! Finally!
*sigh*
This hobby is frustrating in ways you wouldn't BELIEVE, at times.
In future I'll just buy a pack online.

Dean Lovett

Apr 11, 2015
Penrith
Also. On the middle-right horizontal rock, I want to put a coral of some sorts....

It doesn't really get much flow (I'd call it mild-low moderate flow) there, but does get decent light... And idea?

Ranibranch

May 30, 2015
Deception Bay
I was under the impression that your Toadstool coral had grown to epic proportions and was flapping around and out of your tank. It's tiny! :p