Reef Discussion

Fats

Jun 18, 2017
Algae Id?
Hey so not sure if this is algae or some other thing...
IMAG0332.jpg

It kinda looks like brown sand and it grows on my rocks and sand and glass and there is alot more if it in the areas Of The tanks with less flow.....any ideas what it is? I originally assumed it was diatoms but after looking at some pics on google I'm starting to think it's not. Nitrate 1ppm phosphate 0.02ppm and tank is 11months old.

Fats

Jun 18, 2017
Just did more searching. Pretty certain not Coralline. It's like very round sand, that has gone brown and sticks to stuff, oh and pops up everywhere!

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Could it be some kind of very small limpet?
yap that's what she said as I beat some ultra cool back packer at pool an hour ago in NZ - it was a lap around the table pants down on his part.
Just learnt a minute or two ago that my prawn was stuck in the maxspect... told the lovely house sitter not to worry , happens all the time when the full moon is around.

Fats

Jun 18, 2017
There are a few things coexisting with the rock, what in particular are you concerned about?
The grey things are all closed up zoas (photo taken in dark) I'm talking about all those round brown things....the ones on the red bit stand out more. But there is probably 100 of them if not more all over the rock

Fats

Jun 18, 2017
Can you pull some off and get some better pics of them out of the tank?
Yeh will try do that when I clean tank in a couple days....tried to have a really close look yesterday, And they are actually a bit 'plat-ish'. But the biggest one would be no more than 1mm in diameter. So they don't seem to get bigger than that, they just spread

Savage Henry

Feb 2, 2015
They look a little like the small spiral worms. Best to squish a few and see the results.

Alternatively, they do look like miniature flying sauces and I would not be surprised if Tom Cruise were to post and confirm they are of extraterrestrial origin and that the Church of a Scientology would like to acquire your tank. I think it wouldn't be the first time this has happened in this forum.

Savage Henry

Feb 2, 2015
Some do look spirally with a possible apex and a divot in the circumference that might be the worms entrance.

Also, try to use a flat object, ideally a thin metal spatula, to prise one off to see if it is a shell or if it is a body like a small starfish/slug type thing.

Savage Henry

Feb 2, 2015
Any develops on this issue?

I watched that movie on Scientology on the telly the other night and now I am worried Tom might come after me "Mission Impossible" style. He'd probably have a flying fox strung up between the telegraph pole by the rode and my balcony and come crashing through my lounge room window as I'm watching the telly. Imagine that! I hope he hasn't watched Pulp Fiction.

Fats

Jun 18, 2017
H
Any develops on this issue?

I watched that movie on Scientology on the telly the other night and now I am worried Tom might come after me "Mission Impossible" style. He'd probably have a flying fox strung up between the telegraph pole by the rode and my balcony and come crashing through my lounge room window as I'm watching the telly. Imagine that! I hope he hasn't watched Pulp Fiction.
Haha Scientology always provides some entertainment.
Unfortunately lost internet for a while so haven't been able to post....heres some better photos
IMAG0349.jpg
IMAG0347.jpg