Tank Journal Archive

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Algae & Zoa Update!
Well it's been about a week and three/four doses of Algaefix at 5ml and I have to say, while touching as much wood as I can find, that it appears to be working and I also have some bubble algae beginning to show signs of weakness and decline so I'm hoping that it means that it will work on those assholes haha
We've gone from this:
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_1117_zpsqcu6ykdh.jpg
To this:
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_1164_zpsakzos6yy.jpg

So I guess you could say there's some improvement occurring :) I've still got a another week or three of upped dosage before I will probably see some really good results but we're getting there and I've had nothing die or look worse for wear so, touching wood again, I'm hoping the trends continue! This is the bane of my existence though, caulerpa [censored] nummularia!
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_1165_zpst1zf58g5.jpg
This stuff is tough so I'm hoping with some persistence the magic can be worked on it too.

Well onto something a little more positive now :) It's been quite a substantial period of time since I've gotten myself any new zoa's and well I decided to end that with a bang! Placed an order with Exotic Aquaculture Australia after their most recent release and holy [censored] I am once again blown away by the quality of the zoa's that I got Wednesday this week :D knocked a few goodies of my list too! This ordered contained Sakura Sunrise's, Flaming Sun's, Blue Agave's, Devil's Stare and a single True Blue Hornet polyp too :D
Just a few hours after landing this is what the new babies were looking like! (Sunny D looking mighty fine too lol)
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_1157_edited_zpslxf865dk.jpg

Sakura's, holy moly gaucamole these things have nearly gone to my favourite of all time! Can't beat Aus Rainbows though ;)
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_1158_edited_zps2nmw0bie.jpg

Flaming Sun's on the left (yes they are that bright in person!) and Blue Agave on the left, it's hard to get the colours to show properly but they're a simply stunning zoa!
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_1161_edited_zpsi35wbdt4.jpg

After taking my top down's they got placed on my special rack with all my favourite bits and frags :)
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_1168_zpsco5rxisv.jpg

(Aus rainbows are middle on the left side)
ai1367.photobucket.com_albums_r793_Wrangy_Aquarium_IMG_1171_zpsigyx8hjv.jpg

All in all things seem to be improving every day :) Fingers crossed for the continuation of this trend! lol

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
The Flaming Suns are awesome. Where did you get them from?
Mentioned in the writing wink emoticon EAA is the store
Hey mate , stop feed your tang so much then maybe he/she will go for the algae
looks amazing!!! yer feed your kole less and he will eat the algae
haha thanks you two! If only it were that simple, thinking about getting a seahare though to give that a go though.
Great additions to your collection,
Love the photography too.
I've got a plain uv filter on my camera lens. Do you use anything special on your lens?
Thanks Nils smile emoticon pretty happy with the collection and photo's at the moment grin emoticon Not using anything special though, EOS1100D with the standard lens is all and most of the control of the pics is through my white balance setting lol haven't touched many other settings for a while