Tank Journal Archive

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
All Looking Good This Time !
Ok, so after our last death from ich in early May we decided not to sell up and try again.

We had coral beauty, 2 x yellow tangs and purple tang remaining in the tank, we waited for them to be spot free and healthy for approx 7 weeks.

We place another fish order and received them on the 7th July.

Newbies
1 Blonde nasso
1 Mag foxface
1 Lopezi
1 White Cheek Tang
2 x Blue Tangs.

In the mean time we invested in a Debary 25w UV. looking at the research, we knew it wouldn't kill ICH but it suggested that it would help a great deal in managing it by getting some of the free swimming stage and stopping it from multiplying in numbers as badly.

I would like to say that it is now week 5 and all the newbies have settled in well.

We did see a small outbreak of ich on one little blue and White Cheek tang early on in the introduction, but am pleased to say that between the UV and dosing Medic the minute we saw the spots on the fins only it has now cleared and gone, with not visible signs remaining.
We sold one of the yellow tangs due to him being aggressive towards all of the new arrivals including fish much larger than himself.
In fact wondering if he actually caused the problem with the high stress levels he was causing. So removed him about a week into the newbies arriving and everything is now great. No aggression at all ,not even during feed time, everyone eating, active and enjoying their new home.
I thought I would take some shots (iPhone pics) so not great.
My pod population is increasing by the day and I will replace my dragonets in a few months when I am confident I can supply enough food for them just in case they are not eating frozen yet.

Thanks everyone for your help and support during our shit times, we were so close to selling and giving up. If it were not for all the support and kind words I honestly don't think we would be enjoying these beautiful creatures once again.
Thanks.
IMG_3540.JPG

IMG_3742.JPG
IMG_3824.JPG
IMG_3828.JPG
IMG_3832.JPG
FullSizeRender (3).jpg
IMG_3822.JPG

IMG_3521.JPG

Rob

Apr 26, 2012
fantastic, hope you can sit back and enjoy now the little piece of reef you have created.... Ok Its not soo little :)

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Sometimes you have to fall back, regroup and devise a new game plan. Good luck with the new fish. i just went through another bout of Red Sea Ich in the shop, 2 tanks wiped out, luckily it was just a few damsels, but I hate losing ANYTHING.

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Great to hear lesley, glad you stuck at it :)

On a side note, are those zoas in the middle of your tank that yellow to the eye? They look incredible!

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Great to hear lesley, glad you stuck at it :)

On a side note, are those zoas in the middle of your tank that yellow to the eye? They look incredible!
Yes quite yellow Sam ! Yellow & green ! Your very welcome to come & get some , in fact as many as you would like. They are taking over our tank. But with them mainly being on the bottom stabilising rock with no glue & 2.5 deep it's almost impossible. But if you feel like trying your more than welcome ! :)

Ziggy

Jul 6, 2015
Adelaide
Love, love, love your tank @Lesley and so glad you didn't give up. Your tank is amazing and with all your hard work and dedication, you so deserve to sit back now and enjoy the fruits of your labours. Your tank is one of my three favourite and inspirational tanks in Adelaide. :)