Amazing Nem

Discussion in 'Nano Reef Tanks' started by daveH, Sep 8, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. daveH

daveH Team Leader

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +3,226
    Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    Here are a couple of shots of the nem that was in my Cade and decided to try and get through the refuge comb last week.
    In the process he walked away and tore off a thumbnail piece of himself inside the refuge.
    I threw the piece that came off into the Yasha just to see what it would do. It just looked like a tiny piece of torn lip of the nem.
    So within a week and a half it has grown a foot and a mouth and is looking like a complete nem. Meanwhile the original nem is happy as and has settled down.
    The first pic is the piece in the Yasha - it's the yellow tipped nem in the foreground and the second pic is the original in the Cade.
    nem-1.jpg
    nem-2.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  2. chimaera

chimaera enjoy the little things

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +3,651
    Australia
    State:
    VIC
    Wow tough little fucker!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Henry G

Henry G Member

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +211
    Australia
    State:
    QLD
    Its remarkable what Nems and corals can sustain and rebound from! Your water quality must be mighty fine my friend.
  4. daveH

daveH Team Leader

Comments:
    Ratings:
    +3,226
    Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    This hobby keeps amazing me in the fact that a coral in "perfect health" will up and die in a matter of hours for no apparent reason while another coral that is in really bad condition will suddenly start thriving. I guess that's what keeps us so interested.
    • Like Like x 2