Tank Journal Archive

And Then This Happened!!!
And yes that is my new setup right below it.... so glad nothing's running yet.
IMG_1879.JPG

IMG_1878.JPG

A huge Super cell let go over Brisbane...I guess this might have some impact on the fill date....

Last edited:

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Holy crap!!! What a terrible spot for the roof to collapse!
Was it just water getting in or did a tree land on your roof?

E

ezza

Oh my goodness no!!!!! Holy shit. My husband works for the company that sends out the Brisbane City Council's storm warnings. He is in charge of the whole project and stuff.. he was sitting in front of the computer monitoring the warnings go out for that system.

Please tell me you are insured!

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
I am really sorry to see this stuff happen to you mate. Hope you manage to find the roof leak and get it fixed.
Had a similar thing happen at work this week, the subbies were replacing a roof , did not put a tarp down that night , out of nowhere a storm came and ended up flooding that section causing a lot of damage.

Nov 17, 2011
Northside Brisbane, 4017
It is absolutely horrible. I hope nobody in your house was hurt or injured.

I have not seem rain and damaging winds like that since the floods a few years ago in Brisbane.

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
That's just heartbreaking mate. I hope everyone is fine and the damage isn't too severe.
Thank goodness the tank wasn't there yet.
The last thing you need is a freshwater tank!!

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Bloody hell mat!! That's a real kick in the pants! I hope everyone is okay and the damage is only superficial :) As everyone else has said lucky the tank wasn't there lol

Oh my goodness no!!!!! Holy shit. My husband works for the company that sends out the Brisbane City Council's storm warnings. He is in charge of the whole project and stuff.. he was sitting in front of the computer monitoring the warnings go out for that system.

Please tell me you are insured!
Yes we are... lucky

Thanks everyone, its all secure again and it looks like the wind was that strong and coming straight at the house that it blew water back up the troughs out the roof.

We'll see what insurance says. One positive, I get to install my RO line now by simply going through the hole in the ceiling. I wasn't sure how I was going to get the line there behind the tank but now I can just chuck it over...hahahaha!!

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Thanks everyone, its all secure again and it looks like the wind was that strong and coming straight at the house that it blew water back up the troughs out the roof.

We'll see what insurance says. One positive, I get to install my RO line now by simply going through the hole in the ceiling. I wasn't sure how I was going to get the line there behind the tank but now I can just chuck it over...hahahaha!!
There's always a silver lining mate