Tank Journal Archive

Antisven

Mar 8, 2013
Andrews 2ft cube
Introduction:Andrew Kelly

Reefing Since:2012

System Objectives: a nice piece of the reef, aka nice mixed reef, hammer dominant

Type of reef: mixed

Display System:2ft cube with custom internal weir

Initial Fill Date: 16th may 2013

Display Tank Dimensions: 2x2x2

Display Lighting: 6x 24w t5ho unit

Stand:2pac black wooden enclosed cabinet

Hood or Rimless: rimless

Sump Design:2 chamber simple

Filtration:live rock and sock

Support systems: phosban550 with carbon
Hc150a chiller

NSW or ASW: nsw

Display Water circulation: mp10wes

Return Pump:Aquabee up2000/1

Skimmer:marine source Rdc-850

Evaporation Top Up:guppies ato

Chemical additions:-

Calcium Addition: -

Alkilinity Addition: -

Magnesium Addition:-

Prodibiotics Addition:-

Coral Food Addition:-
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
hey @Antisven :welcome

cant wait to see the thread populate....remember theres an "Insert all as full image" option :) seems to work a lot better than the thumbnails :)

keep the pics coming :)

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
G'day Andrew, great start to the tj with a nice build it looks very clean but won't take long to get it "dirty" :)

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Andrew we neeeedd moreee!! lol im really interested in this one, i have a 2ft cube and am liking the looks on how this one is going so far :)

your lighting says 6 t5ho...is this going to be an ATI unit?

Antisven

Mar 8, 2013
Not much progress really, I used up 2 rolls of plumbers tape over the weekend for al the fitting, might night go buy some PVC this arvo for the rest of it.
The unit isn't an ati, I just wanted decent t5 lighting for a while, while I save for some LEDs maybe, see what happens.

Here's a pic of the beautiful weir
image.jpg

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
love that you've used all hansen...i was going to but someone advised me not to only due to getting the same result at a cheaper price, looks like your sparing no expense :) i like it a lot

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
ye i used the hansen one it was amazing...glad they told me to use the hansen bulkheads and ball valves...although the bulkheads were a pain in my case

Noro

May 6, 2012
Perth
That's a really clean overflow box. What's the purpose of the bulkhead with strainer at the bottom of the tank?

If it is an additional drain, isn't it a bit of a risk if you lose power? Or is it for water changes?

Antisven

Mar 8, 2013
Yeah the weir is in place by the bulkheads, the lower bulkhead is a drain for water changes and whatnot, did some more plumbing, just need to buy a few more bits and I can give it a wet run. Here's a pic for you guys, ps I hate plumbing
image.jpg

Antisven

Mar 8, 2013
Wet testing in progress, skimmer downgraded to something that allows more room/access an Rdc-850
image.jpg
image.jpg

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
Looks to be a nice size skimmer, I'm still running stock on mine and seems to handle it well (aquaone g220) but might look at something a bit bigger now that the fish are getting fed more.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
im not going to bug you about the weir as you have heard it so many times!!! :D

tanks looking good bud make sure you update with progress