Reef Discussion

Adam_w

Jul 6, 2016
Anemone On The Move
Ive had a BTA for abotu a year and a half now. Picked its spot the first week in the tank and hadn't moved since.

Now it's started picking up and moving - I don't think anything has changed other than I spot feed it less. Seems to cruise around for a bit then end up back at the spot where it was originally for a few days then back on the move

Anyone experienced this before? Any ideas other than just go back to feeding it once it returns to it's usual place?

Tested all my water on the weekend all seems fine - other corals and fish all doing well
Alk 8;5 (API)
Cal 420 (Nyos)
Sg 1.025
Nitrates undetectable on API (know its a crap test but i havent had issues with this in ages)

Adam_w

Jul 6, 2016
Will test phosphate tonight - never had a problem with it before so don't test that regularly

Is that a likely thing?

Bit more info it looked like it was getting ready for a split as in a few more tentacle things growing on one side and expanding more off to a side. Do they usually freak out a bit if this happens? At the moment it's moved right to the back of the tank at the bottom hidden under a rock but still pokes out to get some light just not really front and centre like it was before.

Adam_w

Jul 6, 2016
Phosphate is <.025 again just on api kit. Slowly updating as they run out.
Nem is still tucked away at the bottom

Adam_w

Jul 6, 2016
Okay so got some pics just now - new update there is some stuff stuck to the glass near where the nem is tucked away... could be unrelated but it wasn't there yesterday
upload_2017-5-5_18-17-43.jpeg

Nem is tucked under the rock the hammer is on that white stuff on the glass is the new mystery in the tank

Adam_w

Jul 6, 2016
Over Sunday mr temperamental anemone has crawled back out from under the rock and seems to be back to being fine... new perch is right next to my hammers and torch rock so i might need to moved them now.