Tank Journal Archive

E

ezza

Another Eunice
image.jpeg

I tried to hold it up to get a pic, but it was so long it broke as it stretched. It was at least 40cm. This is all one worm. The white segment 5 back from the head is the telling feature.

E

ezza

How did you catch it @ezza ?
I was cleaning the tank and started to pull some rock out. There were a couple of pointless pieces in there. It was just sitting on the sand! I grabbed it with my claws. I ended up removing a bunch of live rock and throwing it out. I'd like to rescape it with the fake live rock I think. The tanks just sucks.

Sean81

Nov 11, 2015
Sydney, South
I found one in my filter sock last night. Mine was only small 2 odd inches. Would there be more? I have a few bristle in there.

E

ezza

I found one in my filter sock last night. Mine was only small 2 odd inches. Would there be more? I have a few bristle in there.
I removed all the rocks from the tank a few months ago and bathed them I peroxide and water. I thought I had killed all the big ones and most of the small fireworms. It's bloody scary to think there are others in there just as big as this. Good luck @Sean81. By the way, traps didn't work for me. Eunice worms are bloody smart. At least removing my rocks and flushing all the worms out made a dent in the population. I bought a wrasse that eats worms, he has helped with the little worms.

Sean81

Nov 11, 2015
Sydney, South
I removed all the rocks from the tank a few months ago and bathed them I peroxide and water. I thought I had killed all the big ones and most of the small fireworms. It's bloody scary to think there are others in there just as big as this. Good luck @Sean81. By the way, traps didn't work for me. Eunice worms are bloody smart. At least removing my rocks and flushing all the worms out made a dent in the population. I bought a wrasse that eats worms, he has helped with the little worms.
My tank is only 6 months old but who knows what was in them rocks. I had never seeing before and I look a lot. I have a sixline but he would struggle with anything bigger than a pin. Im guessing peroxide kill bacteria?