Tank Journal Archive

Mattres

May 26, 2015
Adelaide
Another Update
Another quick update to keep this build going.

I've got some "real reef rock" rock soaking in RO and the smell coming off it for the first few days was crazy!
Glad I'm soaking this!

I was busy over the weekend building a cabinet section to hide all the electronics and separate them from the sump area.
It's times like these I wish we bought a house and not an apartment.. wish I had room for a table saw!
Bought a sheet of MR melamine and spent a day measuring and cutting.
It still needs a bit more work and holes drilled but I got it into the stand to see how it worked out.

I'm using a STC-1000 for temperature control and put it in a location easy to see.
Below this will be the drivers for the Vortechs and the Elos SF11000
So the most important equipment is front and centre.
I'll be using two 8 socket PDU's for power and located these at the top we'll away from any water.
Underneath these will be the Doser and the skimmer pump driver.
The back section will hopefully be nicely organized with ballasts and all the power supply's.
This area is quite easy to get to thanks to the magnetic panels.
I also put some white contact onto the back and bottom of the sump, think it looks a bit nicer and will be easier to see into.

Will order some plumbing fittings over the weekend and hopefully get that done next weekend.
I also have a custom order with Aqua Blue for a MP40QD with an extended cable from driver to pump. The stock 2.4m was going to be just short to route the way I wanted.

Oh and the tanks up!

IMG_2434.JPG
IMG_2435.JPG
IMG_2436.JPG
IMG_2437.JPG

IMG_2438.JPG

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

Ben Daley

/dev/null
Dec 23, 2016
Melbourne
I've got some "real reef rock" rock soaking in RO and the smell coming off it for the first few days was crazy!
I experienced this too - also a fair bit of phosphate came out of mine.

It's times like these I wish we bought a house and not an apartment.. wish I had room for a table saw!
I hear you man, DIY is a whole lot harder without an adequate work space. I'd love to have access to a shared workshop (like a community garden with power tools) or similar - think it would be just the ticket for occasional DIY projects.

Your new setup is looking superb, look forward to the next update.

Wallypops

Apr 13, 2017
This is very pretty, I just learned so much by googling all the stuff you are using!

Keep up the good work!

Mattres

May 26, 2015
Adelaide
I experienced this too - also a fair bit of phosphate came out of mine.

I hear you man, DIY is a whole lot harder without an adequate work space. I'd love to have access to a shared workshop (like a community garden with power tools) or similar - think it would be just the ticket for occasional DIY projects.

Your new setup is looking superb, look forward to the next update.
A shared workshop is such a good idea! I'd sign up for sure. Every time I have to work with wood I think back to my old high school with a really nice workshop.
My 88 year old Pop has a nice workshop in his shed that he still spends most of his time in but I'm always reluctant to go there because he always likes to do everything himself lol