Off-Topic

Rob

Apr 26, 2012
Any Ford XR6T enthusiasts amongst us ?
As the subject states, any XR6T fans out there.....

Joshwaaaa

Jul 22, 2011
I like them and see they are doing some unbelievable things power wise with the twin cams, destroking etc etc. However I don't own one, my old man does, love thrashing it.

Rob

Apr 26, 2012
Mines now coming up to two years old so time for a few mods. To hell with the warranty. Changing insurance to shanons who do not mind modifications.

GhostRPH

Sep 19, 2012
Yerp!! :)

Spent way to much on mine before selling it for a G6ET....

Was a 2003 ba mk1, custom 4" intake, drag spec front mount intercooler (massive & thick) 3" cooler pipe, custom dump pipe into custom 3.5" exhaust which split into twin 2.5" over the diff, fuel pump and external surge tank with 044 bosch, relocated battery, 50mm external wastegate with screamer pipe, power steering cooler, twin plate clutch, rebuilt 5pd box, 8 piston 365mm disc brakes, lowered springs and dampners, whiteline sway bars.........other stuff too like de-badged, colour coded crap, tints wheels etc etc

Rob

Apr 26, 2012
Interested in the clutch, how may kw could it hold ? and any idea on costs.

My last BA's clutch was its weak link...

Just done the GT airbox mod and center mufler removal today.... No money for any aquatic stock :( this month

saint

Jan 23, 2012
Yep Rob im a fan!
I have a BA XR6 (non turbo) at the moment, ive been thinking of upgrading to a FG Turbo lately but im hanging for a new bike so i might keep the BA and buy a R1 for some fun

Ghostrph, sounds like your old BA was a nice ride, hoe you liking the G6ET compared to the XR6T?

as for mods on my BA well its non turbo as i said so laking in power but still a nice car to drive with the manual box :)

Body- DJR bobtail spoiler, de-badged, lowered, tinted,19" dark argent rims oh and its blueprint (loved that colour since the AU TE50 came out)
Engine- JMM headers with 2 1/2" redback exhaust and ss inductions growler CAI with large mouth
Interior- full leather, manual 5 speed, colour screen (not the green one :)), fpv gauge holder with digital gauges

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Just thought I'd throw this in, thought you might enjoy it.
My son has a XR6 turbo. It's been slightly modded with a flash kit, bigger injectors, lowered (level), stiffer shocks, special Bridgstone tyres from the States. Goes like stink.
Also has full leather interior with Momo steering wheel and sunroof.
XR6T.jpg
He still lives at home so I get to drive it occasionally :)

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
I'm a closet XR6T fan, though I'd much prefer an F6
I have an FG G6 because I can barely afford it let alone a car that needs to be force fed :D

GhostRPH

Sep 19, 2012
Spent way too much on mine hahaha - pics are from the All Ford Day at Eastern Creek 2009..

Clutch was a Twin plate Semi Organic but I cannot for the life of me remember who manufactured it sorry..
Drove like a stock clutch but gripped like a staffy with a bone in its mouth.. ;)

Attachments

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
when my friend sells his bf xr6t im going to buy it, its bionic blue and putting out something like 360rwkw

saint

Jan 23, 2012
I really like the bionic blue colour and with 360rwkw you cant keep it a redline all day like your mitsi :p

Rob

Apr 26, 2012
Just did the sub woofer mod. Jaycar 40.00 special (8" sub) fits into factory sub location, used some dynomat on the rear parcel shelf great 100.00 mod to the factory sound. I have the premium sound installed and the sub was an easy start. Will do the rear door speakers next month and again dynomat the door skins. Working up to doing the front splits as the tweeter is in the pillar

Current mods:

Air box XR8 installed with K&N filter
Exhaust - new centre resonator
Intercooler - Will be installing a full rapid V1 kit soon includes new aluminium pipes.

Then off to HP-F for a tune.

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
Sounds nice Rob,

If you want to go a step further, look at the Kicker 8" free air sub, unreal bass from these but you might need to upgrade the amp lol. I have a 12" Kicker LS7 Solo Baric sub & it's just like getting a massage when cranked up.

saint

Jan 23, 2012
Sounds good Rob,

I read alot of good things about free air sub, it sounds like a great replacement to the factory premium sound sub but you do have to amp it and dynomat the rear parcel shelf like Rob has done

I have the factory premium sound too but quickly replaced it with a pair of amps, a pair of 12" subs, dvd player and 2 pairs of focal splits
Its funny you bring up the free air sub Syno cause my sub amp died a few weeks ago and i am over the super crazy bass from 2 12s plus it snapped my rear view mirror off once lol so im most likey going to do that mod

Rob this is just a suggestion but you might want to think about replacing the front speakers first and if your going to power them by a amp you most likey wont have to do the rears

thats what info i got from the guys on a car sound forum and even though i got the backs mine sounded better when i disconnected them lol i dont know how but they were right, even when you check out cars with top quality SQ stereos most dont have rears, they do have a million at the front thogh lmao

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Lol. You'll never afford to insure it. Then you'll never afford to drive it once you buy a house. :p
already checked, insurance is still less then an import lol :P i allready pay $1400 a year at the moment for insurance (due to only 500 being made of my car)