Reef Discussion

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
VaultBoy I've seen a 3.2 that works in 8 or 16 bit mode, it may even have been one of the sainsmarts, so I assume that one would work on the UNO if you need it to.
You are correct - the 3.2" itead screen I have only operates in 16 bit mode but the Sainsmart ones can operate in 8 or 16 bit mode.

That being said, I have found it a bit of a pain using the UNO for 2 reasons:
  • the screen + touch panel uses up nearly all the pins which limits what you can actually use it for
  • there is a problem with the bootloader on the UNO which, in some instances, means that you only have access to just over 28k of program memory rather than the stated 32k
Given the relatively small price differential I don't see me using anything less than a MEGA ever again :)

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
I have spent lots of time searching the web for some Arduino based program control elements i.e. check boxes, sliders etc just like you would find on a web site - I have found some basic ones but none that are graphical based, and definitely none that were like I was looking for.

So, as I tend to do, I decided to make my own - after a number of attempts at designing the elements, learning new Arduino programming and swearing lots of times I have come up with this

It may not look much, and it is difficult to get a good video of these TFT LCD screens, but trust me - there has been many hours go into developing these.

Cheers

PS - my 5,000th post :)

Brekel

Jun 8, 2012
Hobart
Coming along nicely. Having some nice control elements certainly enhances the overall feel of a project.
I hooked mine up the other night and got both the lcd and touch screen going. Written a few sketches just playing around with it and getting use to the programming, but nothing serious yet.

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
i am not going to pretend i know what the numbers in the middle are but they are not consistent with the scroll bar...

looks good btw!

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Where did you drag this up from :eek

It did sort of work but I needed to get some other bits to make it really work - the led's saturated the sensor and so I need to find a way to reduce the amount of light hitting the sensor.

I will probably get back to it someday but it seemed like too much trouble at the time.