Reef Discussion

Aspidites

Dec 1, 2012
South lake
Aphipods. Have heaps in my sump. They eat the dead skin off my hands but maybe I won't let them anymore!!!!
He must have been in the water forever and gone all soft and wrinkly for that to happen

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Now they're saying it's some sort of isopod that attacked him. I can sympathize with him having contracted Lyme disease a few weeks ago. Zoonotic diseases REALLY suck!!

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Well, here's a pisser. What they thought was Lyme disease turned out to be Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, neither of which is good. They both present the same was, no eneergy, chills, fever and aches. I made antibodies for RMSF, they can't test for them until 2 weeks after exposure. I think I'd rather dodge all the critters down there that might kill me than to deal with tick borne diseases. My fever was all the way up to 40.4C degrees, 104.7F.

shaidas

Jan 30, 2017
I go there often..never into any woods though.. which part are you talking about just so that I know never to go there :-)

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
You can catch it anywhere in the USA mate. It was confined to western states, but it can be found anywhere. We had a very mild winter last year and the ticks are thick as thieves here this summer. Where do you come to in the US? I'm in Bel Air, Maryland on the east coast.

shaidas

Jan 30, 2017
I generally only go to LA bud and looks like thats the wise thing to do :-) Hope you feel better soon