Reef Discussion

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Anyone Interested In Fauna Marin Balling Lite Group Buy??
On a recent trip to NSW for a fish crawl, we stumbled across an excellent store that imports the incredibly popular Fauna Marin Balling Lite range from Germany. For those who don't know, this is top shelf Calcium/Alkalinity/Magnesium and trace elements for your tank. Used in a heap of amazing tanks in Europe.

Here is the manual for your reference:
http://static.faunamarin.de/manuals/manual_balling-methode_eng.pdf

OK - so basically, I got chatting with Eric from Reef River and Reptile (top bloke) and he said he could look after reefuge members on a bulk buy. We've worked out a rough plan to see if there is any interest, once interest has been gauged - we can fine tune that plan further.

Basically, everyone would get:

2kg of Calcium + 25ml trace #1, 25ml trace #2
2kg Magnesium
500g Carbonate + 25ml trace #3

This makes each person 4 litres of cal/alk/mag with included trace elements, everything you need basically.
100_2340.jpg

Now, there is a couple of ways we can do this. I am happy to host a day at my place where we all get together, bring your containers and we mix it up on the spot. Or, if preferred, I can give/send out your raw chemicals for you to mix up yourself.

At this stage - we are looking at about $45 per person to make this happen (with 10-12 people), a very good price for absolute top shelf dosing chemicals that are proven world wide.

@Wrangy has been testing out these supps for a few weeks now and will post a review soon, but there are plenty of reviews world wide that give this stuff a brilliant review.

Another great advantage of this product is the amazing FREE calculator they have developed for it too. You simply put in your tank details, your current parameters and it gives you the dosing amounts of their products to reach the desired parameters. Reefbuilders did a post on this recently:
http://reefbuilders.com/2010/05/04/fauna-marin-calculator-balling-released/

Anyway - who's interested?
Sam

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
OOOHH OOOH, pick me, pick me!! :p

I'm keen as mustard haha The Fauna Marin range of dosing supplements are fantastic, I'm currently only using Ca and Alk without the trace elements but considering how well my sps corals and especially acro's have responded to that I'm definitely excited to go the full balling light range :D

Ben S

Apr 9, 2013
Point Cook
Highly recommended to anyone interested in jumping into Ballin Lite.

I'd jump onto it if I hadn't just purchased some chemicals. Luckily I have the trace elements which I add to the mixes and get similar benefits. The plus part of the FM range is the additional chemicals they add to the raw products to make them more stable.

If you don't choose to buy the full range, at least grab the trace elements.

Ben

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
So $15 for 4 litres of each, $45 for 12 litres total? Including shipping fee?

Haven't used the calculator but guessing that would last me forever on a 150L tank.

I'm in.

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
So $15 for 4 litres of each, $45 for 12 litres total? Including shipping fee?

Haven't used the calculator but guessing that would last me forever on a 150L tank.

I'm in.
As Dom has said (my bad) it's 5l of each. Should last a fair while on most tanks really. I can either post raw chemicals to you (extra cost) pass to you at a meet, lfs, or to someone who can pass on to you - or we can host a "cook" day at my (or anyones) house and mix it all up together.

I think it's a killer deal, be good to get a decent amount interested in this as I'd really like to support this importer who wants to support us :)
Sam

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
As Dom has said (my bad) it's 5l of each. Should last a fair while on most tanks really. I can either post raw chemicals to you (extra cost) pass to you at a meet, lfs, or to someone who can pass on to you - or we can host a "cook" day at my (or anyones) house and mix it all up together.

I think it's a killer deal, be good to get a decent amount interested in this as I'd really like to support this importer who wants to support us :)
Sam
Sounds good, I am still in despite getting 5L instead of 4L :p

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
this sounds rad, i'll have a look tomorrow on that calculator

edit: wait is this a vic thing
Open to all - just will be postage added for outside of Vic. However, if you all know each other, I can post to one location and you can "cook" together (plus split the postage)

Rob

Apr 26, 2012
Been looking at these trace elements since your post, did not realise they were some specifically for adding to Alk and Ca. I like the idea of adding these to my regular 2 part mix.... In saying that I do not plan adding these to my 2 part in the short term...Im still a WC only guy for any coral/trace element additions for 2014.

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Fair call Rob! This has been put on ice for the short term as our contact is currently moving stores so is a tad busy to be organsing a group buy for us. Soon as he is back in action though, we'll get it running again and see if we cant talk you out of your new years resolution :P

Sam

Nov 15, 2012
Fair call Rob! This has been put on ice for the short term as our contact is currently moving stores so is a tad busy to be organsing a group buy for us. Soon as he is back in action though, we'll get it running again and see if we cant talk you out of your new years resolution :p

Sam
Went to the new store on the weekend (Well been 3 times now) you need to do another visit. it is fairly epic.

I have been thinking of getting this stuff. I have been using Eric's Easy AS 1,2,3 stuff.

Nov 15, 2012
@Sam Parker I was there today talking about fauna marin coral foods and they said they where about to do another order this week. Have you already ordered this stuff?

your supplements. not coral food...

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
No..... Still waiting to hear back from them.... Maybe easier if someone local arranges it, they don't seem to respond to my emails :(