Off-Topic

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Anyone Know Their Frogs? I.d.
Found this little dude in some plants today and now I'm carrying him around in my sunglasses case, as you do! He has the same body shape as a Southern Brown tree frog but I've not seen a green one before, anyone know if he's a local Victorian? He came from a nursery in Whittlesea that often get tropical frogs in on the plants from interstate so I want to check before I let him go in this winter weather.

frog.jpg

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
I've never seen a green frog like that down here. It's not a small green tree frog?

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Its an Eastern Dwarf Tree Frog. Found on the NSW/QLD coast. I dropped it off to Chris at Omagic Frogs in Dandenong and he put it in a heated terrarium. He said it was on the thin side, usually a very secretive frog & hard to catch.

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
That is cool! This little guys stripes were looking yellow gold rather than creamy white after he'd been in a heated car for about an hour, I thought I was imagining it or it was the change in lighting from outside to inside.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
I can't help you down there, but we have small tree frogs like that on this side of the world called "peepers". You can tell spring has come by their calls at night and Katie's pond is full of tadpoles, lol. They look almost identical to those M.