Reef Discussion

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
I'm curious to know (it may have been mentioned but i have had a mind blank) does this product have a lifetime requirement or is it a program to build up a sustainable reproductive system and/or are there any side affects in coning off it so to speak

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Another question - where in the tank are people dosing?
Pre-filter, post-filter or straight in the DT?
Or doesn't it matter where it goes in.

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Will it matter if I dose the second lot Sunday instead of Tuesday? Sunday is easier to keep track of week by week than Tuesday is all. I can't see it being an issue, 5 days between 1 and 2 then 7 from there on out?

Anil Nanda

Apr 10, 2014
Another question - where in the tank are people dosing?
Pre-filter, post-filter or straight in the DT?
Or doesn't it matter where it goes in.
Straight into the display. Make sure you shake the bottle and dose at the beginning of your lighting cycle

Anil Nanda

Apr 10, 2014
I'm curious to know (it may have been mentioned but i have had a mind blank) does this product have a lifetime requirement or is it a program to build up a sustainable reproductive system and/or are there any side affects in coning off it so to speak
No side effects. You an stop dosing Nualgi any time you like. However you will need to find some way of getting rid of nutrients in your tank - water changes, carbon dosing etc. Nualgi is an inexpensive solution - one weekly dose ($1 per week for 300 liter tank) that not only takes care of excess nutrients but makes live fish food (zooplankton) and keeps water clean and corals happy

Anil Nanda

Apr 10, 2014
Sorry for the delayed response...kept refreshing the page but did not realize I was looking at page 3 and the conversation had moved to page 5! lol

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
No side effects. You an stop dosing Nualgi any time you like. However you will need to find some way of getting rid of nutrients in your tank - water changes, carbon dosing etc. Nualgi is an inexpensive solution - one weekly dose ($1 per week for 300 liter tank) that not only takes care of excess nutrients but makes live fish food (zooplankton) and keeps water clean and corals happy
hey, its not so much being expensive or not wanting to use it, it is more one of those questions people forget to ask or forget to get told, when i first started carbon dosing with the redsea (completely different method i know) i was not told it was carbon dosing i was told 'it gets rid of algae just dose daily'....then nekminit...algae farm after stopping it

riley

Apr 25, 2013
GYMEA BAY
just got mine today. my receptionist said it smells like cow poo or the garden section in bunnings

also have a question about Cu, how its configured, bounded and in what ratio? was under the impression that Cu+inverts=dead inverts

Last edited:

Anil Nanda

Apr 10, 2014
hey, its not so much being expensive or not wanting to use it, it is more one of those questions people forget to ask or forget to get told, when i first started carbon dosing with the redsea (completely different method i know) i was not told it was carbon dosing i was told 'it gets rid of algae just dose daily'....then nekminit...algae farm after stopping it
Yes, we agree with you and we don't mind any number of questions that our users may want to ask...we believe our product has the most amount of disclosure
Yes, I understand. We are very happy to answer your questions - so please ask away...we are trying to provide the highest level of disclosure about our product through our FAQs. With social media today, there are no secrets anyway! lol

Anil Nanda

Apr 10, 2014
just got mine today. my receptionist said it smells like cow poo or the garden section in bunnings

also have a question about Cu, how its configured, bounded and in what ratio? was under the impression that Cu+inverts=dead inverts
She is right! doesn't smell great! lol...please take a look at our FAQs regarding the Cu question. We have over 3000 trialists in US - a lot of them with inverts...no negative report ...also lots of you tube coverage of tanks with inverts...

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney

She is right! doesn't smell great! lol...please take a look at our FAQs regarding the Cu question. We have over 3000 trialists in US - a lot of them with inverts...no negative report ...also lots of you tube coverage of tanks with inverts...
its funny you both say this...mine literally smells like nothing :/ is this normal? it also has a slightly off-clear colour