Reef Discussion

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Received mine a few days ago, thanks. I am going to be moving over to a new tank in a few months time so I am thinking of keeping my sample until then - how long does it keep for ?

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Yes but after the tank is fully cycled..ie after diatom boom and bust and then a couple of weeks of livestock surviving in the tank before using Nualgi
Hmm I thought it could be useful during a cycle. Interesting.

I might give it a shot on my tank as it is now ... being overrun by caulerpa. I know you've mentioned it has no impact on macro algae, but I might see what happens anyway.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Are you being serious? I'm actually finding it very hard to believe.. If this is legit
Legit ;)

Well, minus the marker. Just a blank bottle.

It is a test amount they send you, specific to the size of your tank. So not like they will retail it this way.

Anil Nanda

Apr 10, 2014
We have shipped
Legit ;)

Well, minus the marker. Just a blank bottle.

It is a test amount they send you, specific to the size of your tank. So not like they will retail it this way.
nearly 5,000 such samples - please review our website, you tube and FB page

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
anil with my gf's tank i was slowly going off carbon dosing while using it but the tank didn't respond well to slowly coming off the carbon dosing i went from 0.3ml to 0.2ml to 0.1ml [nopox] over 3 weeks whilst using the nualgi but have had to up it [nopox] again

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
4th dose today - still no notable changes, although as I posted previously, when I do a water change I use 1 bucket from the Cade and use it for a water change on the Yasha (it has the dosing and nualgi in it).
So now the Yasha on the other hand has never looked so good over the past few weeks.

Anil Nanda

Apr 10, 2014
Hi Anil,

not a lot to report so far, not a lot has changed in the tank. Still cleaning the glass quite frequently and the sand isn't any cleaner :(

Sam
Do you mind if I hook you up with our troublshooter. His name is Joe. I am not sure if I can post a link here to request troubleshooting help.

Anil Nanda

Apr 10, 2014
4th dose today - still no notable changes, although as I posted previously, when I do a water change I use 1 bucket from the Cade and use it for a water change on the Yasha (it has the dosing and nualgi in it).
So now the Yasha on the other hand has never looked so good over the past few weeks.
Interesting! 4th dose is still too early. Are you dosing Nualgi once a week....if you can, dose once a day (1/7th of weekly dose) early in your lighting cycle. If you have lights on longer than 8 hours then suggest trimming them down to 8 hrs. If you still don't see results on the Cade then we will have to hook you up with troubleshooting.

Anil Nanda

Apr 10, 2014
anil with my gf's tank i was slowly going off carbon dosing while using it but the tank didn't respond well to slowly coming off the carbon dosing i went from 0.3ml to 0.2ml to 0.1ml [nopox] over 3 weeks whilst using the nualgi but have had to up it [nopox] again
ok, noted. Probably wise to stick with the nopox dosage for now. We generally recommend changes to dosing other products or water change routine only after the tank becomes clear of algae, water is clear and inhabitants are happy and healthy.

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Interesting! 4th dose is still too early. Are you dosing Nualgi once a week....if you can, dose once a day (1/7th of weekly dose) early in your lighting cycle. If you have lights on longer than 8 hours then suggest trimming them down to 8 hrs. If you still don't see results on the Cade then we will have to hook you up with troubleshooting.
I'm dosing .8ml once a week (100l tank) I dose around the start of the white lights which goes for about 6hrs, then fades down later in the afternoon/night.
.1ml per day is going to be a tough ask!!