Reef Discussion

joey13

Dec 1, 2013
I reckon by now since setting up my tank as FW and then converting to SW, I would have purchased at least 1 of everything from the plumbing section!

I'm in there so regularly, I think the staff think I'm a plumber!...or a weirdo with a pipe fetish!

riley

Apr 25, 2013
GYMEA BAY
does bunnings still sell Selly's aquaknead looked in 3 shops still nothing? sell a lot of epoxy putty but no clue if any others are safe to use.

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
I use Bunnings all the time but happened to go to Masters a while back and noticed that they have a better range and quality of the clear vinyl tubing.
I got a roll of about 13mm from Bunnings once and it was so tightly wound that the middle metres were almost unusable because they were so flattened.
The lengths at Masters were way better quality.

E

ezza

I use Bunnings all the time but happened to go to Masters a while back and noticed that they have a better range and quality of the clear vinyl tubing.
I got a roll of about 13mm from Bunnings once and it was so tightly wound that the middle metres were almost unusable because they were so flattened.
The lengths at Masters were way better quality.
If you can, leave the roll, unwound, in the sun for a while. It often softens nicely and will be much less springlike then. Otherwise put it in a bucket and pour boiling water over it to soak.