Tank Journal Archive

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Astonishing
crazy is.... the heads have grown back on the shaved gold torch. Decided to revive the tank by dosing with the original biggle juice recipe! And yes the result is happy coral. Fitted the two new heaters on Monday, only took 30 mins to wire them to the distribution board, I guess that's all part of the love affair of a reef. Temp holding at 25 to 26 . Haven't done a water change in almost a month now as pure lazybones has moved in... my garden thrives.
IMG_1153.JPG
IMG_1151.JPG

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Biggle juice for the win!
The corals were struggling after no dosing or feeding for over 3 months, the correct term is "poopy"
They reacted nicely to the amino and BJ . So did the pesky green film on the glass.
It's funny how with renewed vigour in the tank I feel the same towards maintaining it.

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
The corals were struggling after no dosing or feeding for over 3 months, the correct term is "poopy"
They reacted nicely to the amino and BJ . So did the pesky green film on the glass.
It's funny how with renewed vigour in the tank I feel the same towards maintaining it.
most things respond well to a little BJ :D

Jacques Pels

Feb 4, 2017
Gold Coast, QLD
Slin,
great tank and shots.
Once I am up and ready to populate the tank, I would love to get my hands on a nice size rock fully encrusted with a Christmas Tree colony.. how long have you had it ?
You guys talk in riddles for me.. what the hey is Biggle Juice :-)
Jac

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Slin,
great tank and shots.
Once I am up and ready to populate the tank, I would love to get my hands on a nice size rock fully encrusted with a Christmas Tree colony.. how long have you had it ?
You guys talk in riddles for me.. what the hey is Biggle Juice :)
Jac
This is biggle juice 5 parts left and 1 part right
IMG_1178.JPG
Saying that Mr Biggles has almost exclusively been using the bottle on the right perhaps in fear of the copper content in the left bottle. I know for sure but there is a point where you do say enough BJ is enough and you stop dosing.... just to see if those wet dreams go away.... with a good balance of supplements, you can bring these sticks back strong!

Oh I got carried away in the current for a bit there ..... the Xmas tree rock is going on four months, it loves a shake of siporax media, often it goes without since not feeding the tank for months, it probably lives of bacteria and other stuff. Don't think that one single worm has died since I've looked after it, the blue porities has fused with the rock its leant on. Still going strong and as quick to retract as the day I picked it up.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Great education Guys... but... how did it get to be called BJ Biggle Juice ?
Excuse the ignorance.
Jac
Ok, let me lead you astray... go to reefcentral , look up the sps section and on the first or second page there is a thread by - biggles . If you wish to stay at the reefuge we can answer any further questions.

Mattres

May 26, 2015
Adelaide
This is biggle juice 5 parts left and 1 part rightView attachment 56510Saying that Mr Biggles has almost exclusively been using the bottle on the right perhaps in fear of the copper content in the left bottle. I know for sure but there is a point where you do say enough BJ is enough and you stop dosing.... just to see if those wet dreams go away.... with a good balance of supplements, you can bring these sticks back strong!

Oh I got carried away in the current for a bit there ..... the Xmas tree rock is going on four months, it loves a shake of siporax media, often it goes without since not feeding the tank for months, it probably lives of bacteria and other stuff. Don't think that one single worm has died since I've looked after it, the blue porities has fused with the rock its leant on. Still going strong and as quick to retract as the day I picked it up.
Looking great mate! And I love your fish!